• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Gift

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats what I love about this sport, I have never know a bunch of people that will show no mercy while whipping yur butt in a match for a $5 prize and then turn around and give you the shirt off there back to help you if you have trouble on the way home. Then the next match have bunch of folks trying to help fix your rifle when they know your winning (although some try and fix your sights when you just need a nipple wrench.) I cant say that about some folks in other endeavors I have been involved in.

Your friend is a wise man - he knew who would appreciate this gun better than anyone else.

Godspeed to you and he.

I want to thank all of you that prompted me to make this trip!! I am down here now and having lots of fun reminiscing about old times, the hunting trips, the shoots and just some of the dumb things we did when we where younger. It just tares me up to see what ALS does to the human body. Some of you offered me money to make this trip and I thank you for the offers!! But if you would really like to help you can send that money to: www.als.net it will go to a much better purpose than getting me down here.

Thank you all!!
Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Bob
I am glad to hear you are there. Enjoy every minute with your buddy. No matter what the circumstances,as we get older we spend far too little time with our friends.I would love to go back to when we were young and spend just an hour with my buddy. Anyhow enjoy your visit and create new memories,also.......shake you buddie's hand for me.
Macon

I'm glad to see you made it to see your friend. I'm sure you are both having a good time.

Enjoy.

Outdoorman

RwBeV,I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's failing health. As one who has lost two hunting buddies as well as other long-time friends, I know how much it hurts when they're no longer around. I think he wanted you to have the rifle so you'd think of him and maybe say a prayer and savor a memory every time you handled it. God bless you both.

I recieved my blueridge from a friends wife after he passed away from a sudden heart attack,I went to see him the day it happened ,I knocked and got no answer and instead of going in as I sometimes did,I figured maybe he wanted to sleep,I left and found out later about his death,talk about a guilt trip! Go see your buddy,any way you can.

shootrj2003
Sir,too late I'm afraid,my Friend passed away 3 years ago in Aug. I had planned to go see him on a Wed. with my Son but he died on Monday. So I can relate to how you feel but you were thinking of him when you 'let your friend sleep' that day.He knows and understands.
Macon

I had a friend like yours. He saved my life on several occasions. I wanted to show him how much I valued our friendship, so I built a percussion pistol from scratch, complete with display case and powder flask. He was surprised and pleased when I gave it to him.

Several years later he gave the pistol back to me with a note. He retired and moved to Oklahoma, got sick and died. We each made feable attempts to contact each other before he died. We just didn't allow things to work out. I miss him and think of him often.

Do what it takes to spend time with your friend. My thoughts and prayers are with the both of you.

Latest posts

Back