• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The last 5 minutes of the hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shot a vary young fork Mule Deer last year, what a treat to eat. Happy to hear you will butcher your deer yourself, that's a good 5 lbs of Fajita meat that you will get that the butch just doesn't have the time to mess with.

Came out to about 20 meals of meat for the two of us, and I have about 5 pounds of scraps and fat that the dogs think is just great. Got the dogs portion roasting now. I pan fried a bit for them so they could get a taste. They don't mind deer fat at all...
These dogs are my punks right now. "Yes boss, anything for you boss....got more of that Bambi boss?"
Will roast the bones and make a stock probably tomorrow.

Ames said:
Glad to hear you include the pups in the family windfall. :v
It would have been dog abuse to not kick them down some meat. They told me so....At least that is what I suspect all those long pitiful gazes and tricks performed all day I never asked for all mean. :)

Hey Cynthia-

Just an idea for future hunts when you have even more scraps.

Everything we weren't going to eat went into a pot with veggie scraps, then cooked with lots of water. Can it all in pint jars for winter treats for your dogs. We poured it over their kibble now and then as a treat, but they thought they should get it every day. I like encouragement for more hunting!

Latest posts

Back