• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Nock Volley Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You want 'stout'? You can't handle 'stout'!

:blah:

Lot Nr.1008

A seven-barreled volley wall gun

Valentin Muth, Zerbst, Saxony/Anhalt, circa 1680
Six sided barrels with six groove rifling in 13 mm calibre, hooked together at the muzzles with dovetailed iron sights on top. The bottom side has two screw mounted trunions. Side mounted wooden ramrod. Iron flint lock with lightly cut floral designs The ignition channel plate has scale shaped engraving and is signed "Valtin Muth Zerbst". Heavy walnut stock with iron furniture. The barrels have been filled with wax for preservation. Length 115 cm. On a later carriage, painted in colour with iron furniture.
Valentin Muth, Zerbst, Saxony/Anhalt around 1640 - 82.
Unusual design, permitting all seven (rifled!) barrels to be fired at once.
http://www.hermann-historica.de/auktion/images49_gr/41829.jpg

I've seen a less robust belgian volley gun somewhere...
7 x .22 cal barrelled with a remington rolling block action...
For goose shooting supposedly :eek:ff:

The seven barrels is a function of Pi. When I was going to college, I tended bar summers at Ocean City NJ. Our happy hour special was seven 7-oz drafts for $1 (gives you an idea of how long ago that was).

The 6 glasses fit exactly around the center one. You grabbed them with two hands and worked the tap with your elbow!

Jimbo ::

I've always wanted one of these, even a wall hanger. Just so awesome. I love the scenes in Sharpe when it gets fired and about 6 French soldiers fall to the ground lol

My friend has a model of one, the only one I've seen!

Back