• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The "OFF HAND" underhammer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gmww said:
The whole round peep sight portion. (Round disc and moving parts too) I have one but can't figure out who made it. Mine fits on a Lyman sight but I don't see it in the Lyman products. :hmm:

Is this what your looking for, just the aperture disc?

Look on E-bay in eBay Stores > Apertures-N-More
Or E-bay Item number: 350279494297

If I wanted to make some Lollipop rear peep sights, the apertures would be a good starting place.

Tinker2

PICT0387.JPG

This (I hope) is a picture of my H&A Heritage model .45 from Numrich Arms. It is probably more of a .44 as a .433 ball was recommended. I use .440 but with a thinner patch. Accuracy is phenomenal. The sights are excellent, an adjustable rear and globe front with interchangeable disks. The rifle has never been babied but still looks good for a 45 year old. I also have a tang mounted peep that came with the gun. The balance and "hang" make it a great off hand rifle. It has taken bobcats, deer and squirrels.

IMG_8608.jpg

I'm looking for this whole thing. Anyone know who makes it? Combined with a lollipop post this will make a great addition to my underhammer. :thumbsup:

One more try at posting a picture of my 45 year old H&A Heritage model .45. If this doesn't work I'm giving up!

Trouble is my pictures are in my computer file and I have no idea how to move or copy them to my photobuckett account. In other words, my computer ignorance and the user surly computer/web combined to form a perfect storm. Talk about being in a fix!

sight1-2-1.jpg

moderator - please delete this post and the two proceeding posts. can't get photobucket to work. thanks

Well, I guess I'm not the only one having trouble posting pics...or anything for that matter. Sheesh!

hanshi said:
Trouble is my pictures are in my computer file and I have no idea how to move or copy them to my photobuckett account. In other words, my computer ignorance and the user surly computer/web combined to form a perfect storm. Talk about being in a fix!
Hanshi

I e-mail my pictures to photobuckett.
image001.jpg

I copy them from photobucket using the “img” choice. last one on the pop down menu on each picture on photobucket.

I write my posts on a word processor “Word” and paste my picture I copied from photobucket in to that.

When I reread it and if it makes sense, I copy it and paste it to my post.

The posts have the option to preview first to see what going to happen before you add your post. You can change things or just back out if it is not what you wanted.

Hope this helped

Tinker2

I wrote this for another member when he asked about how to post a picture. Hope it helps you.

First of course you have to have some pictures of the gun in your computer. Most folks store them in your "My Pictures" file. They should be in JPEG format which is the common format for most digital cameras.

To post a picture on the forum you first have to join a place that stores photos for the web.
Photobucket is a good place and it is free. All you have to do is join it. They don't send spam and they don't sell your e-mail address to anyone either.

Next, you have to have the picture(s) uploaded from your computer.

To do this, go to your Photobucket site and log in.

In the middle of the screen is a box that says "UPLOAD IMAGES AND VIDIO".
When you click on CHOOSE FILES it will take you to a little window that represents your computer files. It will probably be showing your desktop or photo file. The area it is in is shown at the top of the window and if it isn't in the files where your pictures are stored you will have to walk it thru until you get there. Click thru your computer in this window until you get to the folder where you have saved your picture(s). Then click on the folder to open it up.

Click on the picture you want to upload to Photobucket and click the OPEN button.
Photobucket will begin uploading your picture data into itself.
When it is finished it will show you a little thumbnail picture of your picture with some lines under it.

At the bottom of the listing is a line called
IMG code which stands for Image Code. This is the right language for using on our forum.

Click on that line WITH YOUR LEFT MOUSE button and it should turn yellow and say "COPIED" meaning the text address that tells the computer where your picture was stored in photobucket was copied into your computers temporary memory.

Now, come back to the forum and start your post just like you have before. When you get to where you want to put the picture, click your right mouse button. It will open a little window.
Scroll down it to the word "Paste" and click on it like I'm doing now

It will enter a great big line of text and symbols and stuff.
That stuff tells our forum to go to photobucket and download that files data and show it.

After you've entered the pictures address and any other typing you want to do in your post your done. Just click the "add post" button and your typing and the photo will show up on everyones screen.

Hope this helps you with your picture posting.
I'm sure we all would like to see your gun.

I have found one of these rifles in a 45. I could get it for 200 dollars and it is in great shape. What rate of twist would it have? Ron

I believe 1:60". It's a RB twist but surprisingly will shoot Maxi-balls.

Okay, this should do it (thanks Zonie). This is a photo of my 45 year old H&A Heritage model underhammer .45. We've had many adventures together so it has great sentimental value in addition to being extraordinarily accurate.

PICT0387.jpg

Back