• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

THE RIFLE SHOPPE......AGAIN!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erzulis boat

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I have never dealt with the Rifle Shoppe, and am planning to purchase the assembled dog-lock mechanism for their English pistol.

Should I just buy the "sack" of parts, or is the substantial cost of an assembled lock worth it? Is the workmanship and alignment of pins, etc. top notch?

I just got an assembled lock done by a "big" name guy, and it was slapped together and crooked as heck. Maybe I am too picky. :hmm:

Their assembled locks that I've built guns around are quite nice. Getting them before you die of old age is the real problem :sleep:

Mike-

Went to your site, nice shape on those pistol butts!

After my heart quit pounding from looking at the Rifle Shoppe catalog, I figured that this must be some kind of a gag, or I was dreaming.

Then it dawns on you, there must be a catch!

Yup, I figured as much. :shake:

Mike-

Went to your site, nice shape on those pistol butts!

After my heart quit pounding from looking at the Rifle Shoppe catalog, I figured that this must be some kind of a gag, or I was dreaming.

Then it dawns on you, there must be a catch!

Yup, I figured as much. :shake:

When they say built one at a time ... they mean it! ONE at a time ...! :crackup:

Davy

He called and asked if item "XYZ" was in stock. After seeing that they had the quanity of lock castings he needed, he placed an order. It did arrive a week later than they promised, but that's still better than months later.

Best time to call is in the morning, they seem to answer the phone better between 9am and noon. Emails? I've sent three and have had answers to all three withing 48 hours... Other's mileage may vary.

I sent two emails a couple of weeks ago inquiring about several "do you have in stock items?" Received response on both inquiries.

Erzulis boat
Sir,Would apprieciate the name of the "Big" name lock builder as I have a nice set of the TRS 1706 Dutch Musket lock parts. Do not want to send it off and receive an "atempt to assymble a lock" lock. Feel free to contact me at my email: [email protected]
Thanks

Back