• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Rifle Shoppe interview and tour

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So! In follow up I had ordered a lock set to mess about with a couple weeks ago and then decided I wanted a match lock lock set too so I sent that order via snail mail with a request to call me for CC#. Got the nicest call from Jane Melot today with more info on what I needed and to get my card info. She’s absolutely lovely. So I have some parts on the way and can confirm that they get and read snail mail and get back to you.
I'm fininshing up my snapping matchlock so I decided to place another order for a late english matchlock to put one of those together. So here's how I place an order:
Used their order form. Put 3 different locks on there as "or" choices in case one or more were out. Faxed it to them Friday. Jane (Melot) called me and told me which were in stock and so I placed my order and gave my CC# over the phone. I confirmed in advance that the fax was working. So this technique has worked well for me so far. The snapping matchlock has been pretty easy even for a novice. I also have a snaphaunce but I am not there yet skill wise so ordered the late style English matchlock to cut my teeth on that,

Going to use the snapping matchlock on what was going to be an english lock build. The English lock had some issues and its with Veteran Arms (who deals with Indian locks) getting sorted. The stock that I made looks fine for a matchlock project anwyay.

Doc van Phil

Latest posts

Back