• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

There he goes..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VEARL

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Have been playing nurse for the wife since she had her knee replacement surgery.
Put out some corn and my trail camera by the house. Hoping to draw in a deer during the day time.
Must have been busy, because when I went to check, found the corn had been ate and I had one pic of a deer leaving. By the looks of the hind legs, it appears to be a buck.
Just my luck. Oh well...if I am still around I will try to get another deer season in next year.

Didn't set the year or date. Just threw it up against the tree and let 'er rip.

Hind legs from the back do not indicate anything sex wise from the view, no male parts.

A side view of the hocks will, if the rear hock is black it's a buck, if not, it's a doe.

Knowledge gained after viewing several thousand pictures a week.

I waste to much time in the woods I have been told by the resident wanna be manager.

Diffently looks like a buck to me. To bad you can't see for sure. Did you have any other pics looks like if he would have stopped to eat the corn you should have had a decent pic of him.

The use of corn always reminds me of a friend who had a place outside Chama, New Mexico, and they were over-run with mule deer. Don always put out corn, while some of the neighbors put out apples. Often saw one house, in particular, with the whole porch covered in mule deer does laying there waiting for the owner to come home and give them apple goodies. One evening we were there when Don went out to get corn and Myretta told us to watch Don out of the window. When he came back out of the garage carrying a pail full of corn to put out near the road, there was a big doe right behind him with her head in the bucket! Nearly hurt myself laughing. I asked Don what he intended to go come hunting season? He laughed and told me, "Go around and feel them all for fat and doink one in the head with a tire iron!"...sure you will, right after you do the same to the dog! :haha:

Love my Moultrie camera. Works great. Others are to dang expensive for the same picture quality.
Each to his on wallet.

Latest posts

Back