• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

They said it wouldn't rain this morning

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biliff

54 Cal.
Reaction score
...so I took my flintlock out to Sauvie Island for the put and take pheasant hunt they do out there.

They lied about the rain. Got one any way.
CIMG1395.jpg

Dog is wet, dirty and very happy.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
moist today, but the weekend is looking good!

been seeing a lot of doves lately Bill!

even out where we did the rondy! and a few woodcock.

Good times Bill!

Wirehaired pointing griffon?

That's what it's all about. My Jake (Kerry blue terrier) loves the walk but not the bang . . . and doesn't point, or retrieve. Mostly it's all about chasing chipmunks.

But he does wait on one side of a tree until I call - gets the squirrels to move.

brett sr said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
moist today, but the weekend is looking good!

been seeing a lot of doves lately Bill!

even out where we did the rondy! and a few woodcock.

Good times Bill!

Saw a few doves, but not many. Surprised to see any at all given the cool/wet weather we've had.

Maybe one last look at summer this weekend.

Was this some kind of organized hunt? If so, did you see any other muzzleloaders out there? Bill

snowdragon said:
Was this some kind of organized hunt? If so, did you see any other muzzleloaders out there? Bill

The area is primarily a public waterfowling spot, but Fish and Wildlife releases pheasants out in the crop fields for two weeks in September. Its a good warm up before the real season starts in October. Plus the birds are good eating.

Never seen anybody else out there with a smokepole.

Thanks, just curious. In all the shotgun hunting I've done, I've yet to see another muzzleloader shotgun hunter out in the field.

Yes, they are VERY tasty, unless you raise them yourself. I decided to raise some in my younger days, so I would always have a convenient source for pheasants when I got the hankerin'. Very bland tatse, nothing compared to the wild ones. I guess it's all in what they eat. Bill (another Bill)

Is that a Drahthaar lurking in your hunting scene? :idunno:
Congrats.
Dusty :wink:

Back