• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson Center same old story

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see how anything would stop any T/C customer from sending a check to T/C asking them to accept it as a donation to offset the expenses they incur in shipping and mailing parts and guns under its life-time warranty programs. You have to know that T/C could not have anticipated the kind of inflation in costs we have experienced back when they first began making guns. Its nice to have a company that does honor its warranty so well, but if you want to keep that company going, send them a check. I am almost inclined to send them a check with my big THANK YOU just because of all the statements I have read here- and I don't own a T/C anything!

If you don't support your friends, you won't have any some day. T/C cannot legally send you a bill, because of that Warranty, so they are writing it off as " maintaining customer goodwill", I suspect. That's fine. But, they could do much more if everyone thanked them for that service. And, Heaven forbid, Other companies might begin following their example!

paulvallandigham said:
I don't see how anything would stop any T/C customer from sending a check to T/C asking them to accept it as a donation to offset the expenses they incur in shipping and mailing parts and guns under its life-time warranty programs. You have to know that T/C could not have anticipated the kind of inflation in costs we have experienced back when they first began making guns. Its nice to have a company that does honor its warranty so well, but if you want to keep that company going, send them a check. I am almost inclined to send them a check with my big THANK YOU just because of all the statements I have read here- and I don't own a T/C anything!

If you don't support your friends, you won't have any some day. T/C cannot legally send you a bill, because of that Warranty, so they are writing it off as " maintaining customer goodwill", I suspect. That's fine. But, they could do much more if everyone thanked them for that service. And, Heaven forbid, Other companies might begin following their example!

Good idea...

FWIW, Of the T/Cs I have owned and own now, I never had to send any of them back for work. I guess I can't speak firsthand about their warranty service. :haha:

Normally things don't go wrong with TC rifles until someone plays with things they are not qualified to touch. After buying several used TC rifles, I found it nessary to fix the previous owners mistakes.

TC was built on their life time guarantee. Some years back they got picky about warranity work and lost customers. So they went back to unquestioned warranitys and customer base went back up.Simple business; good service means repeat customers.

Back