• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thompson Center same old story

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

45north

32 Cal.
Reaction score
About 6 weeks ago I bought a TC New Englander from a member at GBO and when it arrived the stock was broken. So I sent it to Thompson Center for repairs. I mailed it out the afternoon of the 28th and in that time they gave me a new wood ramrod,replaced the stock and cleaned the rifle. I received it through Fedex on the 14th. Thats 13 days from the time it left Tok, Alaska until its return, and that includes the repair time. I am impressed!!!
No charge is all they said when I asked about my bill for work done.And they paid for return shipping too.
On my next firearm purchase Thompson Center is the first place I will go to. They have a lifelong customer in me.

P.S. I swear the new stock looks like fine grain black walnut,very pretty.

swampdonkey

TC has a lifetime warranty on thier guns other then abuse or neglect "rust" and thier made in the good old USA. :thumbsup:

I have had a simalar experience with T/C guns, I shot out the barrel on my New Englander after about 10,000 rounds, When i spoke to them about purchaing a new barrel they said send the old one in so they could look at it, 3 weeks later they sent me a new barrel and the old one back along with a new tang mount and ramrod, at no charge. They are a great company to deal with.

swampdonkey said:
I am impressed!!!
Wouldn't hurt to send the TC pres a brief memo about that too...they need to know we appreciate their customer support attitude...AND...that continued kind of support for "traditional muzzleloaders" in particular.

:thumbsup:

RB, you're right. I think I will do that. I wish TC made more tradional guns.But I have what I want.

Same experience here. I did send along an email. My next new gun purchase will be TC. Service, quality, made in NH. Now if I can just pick one out. I've got a TC slow twist barrel that shoots so well I think I need another (beater) to hunt with.

Not surprised.

Couple of years ago I somehow lost the little snap washer that keeps the windage adjustment screw in place on the rear sight.

Not only did I not know what it was called, but I was not the original owner of the rifle.

A phone call and three days later, the part showed up in the mail.

I too, wish they made more authentic models.

Oh, I don't think I would say everyone has one.
I'm sure there are one or two out there who don't own a TC. :rotf:

I own two of them, but there was a time that I didn't have any.

When I first started down the muzzleloading road I bought a Kentuckian .44 Flintlock. A few years later I got a CVA Hawken. This was back in '72-'74.

At the time I wanted a TC Hawken but they were always high priced when compared with most of the other brands that were for sale.

As time passed I finally got to a point that I could afford a TC and I will say they are a fine rifle.

-----yeah right---told my wife I want buried with my money and she said ok I'll write a check----- :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:

TC is hard to beat for a Hawken. I've experienced only a couple of other manufacturers, but I prefer my TC Hawken. I would like to see them produce a Great Plains version with a 32" barrel with a slow twist.

Nonetheless, they do make a top quality Hawken and back it up.
Cat9

"Service Makes Sales"

So the saying went at my grandfathers Massey Ferguson Dealership :thumbsup:

Thompson stands behind their products, that is for sure. What a great testament to a great American company :thumbsup:

I have never cared for the looks of Thompson's side lock offerings, but I know they are well made!

Now if they would offer a rifle that looked like a , lets say Santa Fe Hawken. I would jump on that band wagon in a heartbeat!

MB

Very impressive. :thumbsup:

s this only for US-owners or all over the world?

Regards

Kirrmeister

I just bought a new TC Hawken Round Ball barrel. 50 cal. I am going to take the adjustable sight off of it and replace it with premitive sight from the Hawken Shop. I had to bugger up the screws so I called TC to order four replacement screws to install the premitive sight and have a couple of replacements just in case. TC sent me four new screws and would not let me pay for them. Can't beat that.

When I originally bought the rifle in a Pawn shop I found out that the sear had a chip out of it. I called TC to sak about buying a new one. The women in customer service didn't know what I was trying to explain to her (I didn't know for sure the part I needed was the sear) so she transfered me to the repair department. When I explained what the part looked like to the man, he just asked for my address. I said how much do I need to send you for it. He said the rifle had a lifetime warranty and it would be no charge.

Sure wish every company treated their customers like Thompson Center does.

Robert

Back