• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thoughts on traditions rocklocks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a Traditions flintlock kit for my grandson one year. He showed interest in wanting to try muzzleloaders but I didn't want to spend a lot of money in case he wound up not liking it. Turns out he did. We found the gun to be an OK shooter but it's dinky little lock leave a lot to be desired. It requires those small 5/8 flints and even then there isn't much room for the frizzen to operate. His always would never allow the frizzen to close fully on the pan so he'd always have to ensure the gun was held upright or his pan powder would vacate the building.
Shouldn't be to hard to fix. Have you disassembled the lock ?

Back