• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thread Differences in Investarms Locks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twosteels

32 Cal
Reaction score
Alright, a question for the experts, Why are the Lock Bolt threads different for Flintlock, Percussion, locks for T/C and Lyman guns with in the same brand, I.E. example Lyman. (pictured). Was this just for marketing? The locks pictured do not have the same threads, The flinter is threaded 4-.70 mm. I always thought the percussion was threaded 8-32 but one of those will only thread in about 3/4 turn. The thread checker I have only has holes. The threads in the percussion lock could be 5-.80mm or 8-36. Anybody?

Attachments

• DSCN4419.JPG
    DSCN4419.JPG
    4.9 MB
  • DSCN4420.JPG
    DSCN4420.JPG
    5.3 MB
Back