• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thread Differences in Investarms Locks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twosteels

32 Cal
Reaction score
Alright, a question for the experts, Why are the Lock Bolt threads different for Flintlock, Percussion, locks for T/C and Lyman guns with in the same brand, I.E. example Lyman. (pictured). Was this just for marketing? The locks pictured do not have the same threads, The flinter is threaded 4-.70 mm. I always thought the percussion was threaded 8-32 but one of those will only thread in about 3/4 turn. The thread checker I have only has holes. The threads in the percussion lock could be 5-.80mm or 8-36. Anybody?

Attachments

• DSCN4419.JPG
    DSCN4419.JPG
    4.9 MB
  • DSCN4420.JPG
    DSCN4420.JPG
    5.3 MB
Some imperial threaded fasteners are close to metric fasteners.
Using metric and imperial thread pitch gauges work well for distinguishing the difference.
Just an FYI, imperial counts the threads per inch while metric are the distance between the threads.
phil is correct what he says about manufacturers.

Latest posts

Back