• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Thunder Ridge Muzzleloading?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OD#3

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone ever deal with this outfit? Got order confirmation, but no estimate of shipping and no replies to my email inquiry into such. I got spoiled dealing with Midway--got order confirmation email, shipping confirmation email, tracking email, and delivery was FAST! I ordered some M-14 parts from a guy with a reputation for quality and snail-paced delivery times. But two months later--nothing. So I called and was told that he was slowly filling orders, he hadn't forgotten me, and to please be patient. Six months later I called back and he had lost my order. He took my order information from June 2005 again, but I still haven't seen those parts. Fortunately he hasn't charged my Visa yet. But now I'm gun-shy (no pun intended, of course) of these one-man operations (which I think Thunder Ridge is)---especially when I can get nothing more than the "order received" confirmation. Anyone out there able to put me at ease? And please don't read into this; I'm just asking about this business. I wouldn't have expected to receive anything from him before this week anyway---he isn't overdue and I don't want to scare any business away from him. I've just never dealt with this business before.

I have bought from them. They did fine by me. I think I had to email them because they sent me an email with half my order on it but there was no problem.

OD#3 said:
Anyone ever deal with this outfit? Got order confirmation, but no estimate of shipping and no replies to my email inquiry into such. I got spoiled dealing with Midway--got order confirmation email, shipping confirmation email, tracking email, and delivery was FAST! I ordered some M-14 parts from a guy with a reputation for quality and snail-paced delivery times. But two months later--nothing. So I called and was told that he was slowly filling orders, he hadn't forgotten me, and to please be patient. Six months later I called back and he had lost my order. He took my order information from June 2005 again, but I still haven't seen those parts. Fortunately he hasn't charged my Visa yet. But now I'm gun-shy (no pun intended, of course) of these one-man operations (which I think Thunder Ridge is)---especially when I can get nothing more than the "order received" confirmation. Anyone out there able to put me at ease? And please don't read into this; I'm just asking about this business. I wouldn't have expected to receive anything from him before this week anyway---he isn't overdue and I don't want to scare any business away from him. I've just never dealt with this business before.

I never had any problems dealing with Bob Gryzwyzh, (or something like that, it's pronounced zhiVACH) but I don't know if he still owns the business. I know he was trying to sell it a while back. Seems like he was moving from Colorado Springs to Albuquerque and that may have disrupted his business dealings. Anyway, he's a straight shooter.

I have dealt with him on more than one ocassion, he was fair and square with me! I have no complaints whatsoever. :thumbsup:

Davy

I ordered from him last year (bob) even spoke with over the phone ,he seem to bend backwards trying to help with my order.I did recall about the shipping charges problem they were not added to the order sheet,I think that was the reason I call him to ask how much?

Thanks everyone; I'm sure he appreciates your vouching for him. Guess I'll be able to do the same here soon.

Just thought I'd mention that my purchase from Thunder Ridge Muzzleloading arrived today. Although I was in the dark as to when it was coming, it (Uberti 1847 Walker) did arrive in a very timely manner and in very good condition. Oddly enough, a Uberti 1858 Remington that I ordered from Midway also arrived today, and the boxes on both firearms had Taylor's & Co., Inc. stickers on them. In fact, the Thunder Ridge purchase even had Taylor's & Co's return address on the shipping label. Incidentally, the quality on both pieces was very good---especially the timing.

I had Thunder Ridge send over a BP revolver cylinder loading press last year and it arrived here in the U.K in about 10-days (air mail). Had no problems at all with them but I recall the web site was advertising the business for sale at the time.

Tight Wad :hatsoff:

Back