• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tip Curtis

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 13289

40 Cal.
Reaction score
If you live anywhere near Middle TN, and have any need for parts or accessories for a longrifle, you SHOULD visit Tip Curtis of Cross Plains.

He has more inventory than you would believe. Just call him--he's got it.

I bought a barrel and lock from him-not found in any catalog yesterday. Tip has 'em done up special. Hundreds of bbls and locks and everything you can think of. He'll be at the big events too-for you not so locals.

He has over 130 kit patterns to choose from.

Tell him I sent you.

(615) 654-4445.
[email protected]

tip is a great guy! thats for sure! i buy all my gun parts from him. and i have been very saticfied. and his wood, oh my god! its always a couple of grades higher than you expect! just dont have enough good things to say about that good ole boy.

Yep Tip is a helluva guy! I've run into him a few times, great kits-finished guns, whatever, he is a craftsman. And he DOES have lotsa stuff to drool over! :grin: Which is all I can afford at this time...!

I'm sorry, but I'd never buy a component gun from him again. I built a kit from Peccatonica and there's no comparrison. Maybe he has too much in stock. IMO

I've never put one of his kits together, but have seen several of them and found them to be better than average (and rather better than Pecatonica!).

I'm about an hour's drive away from Tip. He's got barrels, man. All kinds of 'em, and stocks barrels that no one else does....like octagon smoothbores!

I have a Buck's County smooth rife kit I got from Tip. I've yet to start work on it but everything seems to be top notch. The stock is very nice. I just wish he had a catalog/website!

BillinOregon said:
SR: I'm with you. I keep hearing about Tip, but would sure like to see a list and photos of what he has.
aint gonna happen, and dont try emailing him, yeah i know hes got an adress, but he barely knows how to use a computer. and does not like them. he's a fantastic guy to talk to on the phone! he will treat you like long lost family! and talk your ear off! when i first called him to order parts, hell i was looking for something completely different than what i ordered, but after talking to him i realized, maybe that wasnt what i wanted and i listened to this ole boy, and got the right gun set for me. the quality of the wood is astounding! the parts fantastic. i would not even think about buying from someone else. and with him he has such a stock pile of parts, there is NO wait to get your parts and or gun. like other people. i like the ole boy, and if one person had a bad experence, well, he shoulda called tip back and worked it out, cuz he woulda made it right.

Tip Curtis Frontier Shop - Tip Curtis Frontier Shop - TIP CURTIS FRONTIER SHOP COLERAIN SWAMPED BARRELS: 31", 38", 42", 44" - $190.00 & up. COLERAIN OCT TO ROUND: 38", 42", 44" - $210.00 & up. All barrels available in .40 caliber to .62 caliber rifled or smoothbore. GREEN MOUNTAIN BARRELS: 36", 42" - .32 caliber to .62 caliber rifled or smoothbore ”“ ¾", 13/16", 7/8", 15/16", 1", 1 1/8" - $120.00 & up. GREEN MOUNTAIN SWAMPED BARRELS: 38", 42", 44" - .32, .36, .40, .45, .50, .54 caliber - $180.00 & up. GREEN MOUNTAIN DROP-IN BARRELS FOR THOMPSON CENTER ”“ ROUND BALLS: 15/16", 1" - $190.00 in .32, .40, .45, .50 & .54 caliber. Blued breech barrel includes sights, thimbles & ramrod. GREEN MOUNTAIN PISTOL BARRELS: ¾", 13/16", 7/8", 15/16" in.32, .36, .40, .45, .50 & .54 caliber - $60.00. Percussion locks $90.00 & up. Flintlocks $130.00 & up. CUSTOM GUN-KITS - Pistol kits - $390.00 & up. Straight barrel rifle kits - $625.00 & up. Smoothbore rifle or fowler kits - $725.00 & up. Swamped barrel rifle kits - $725.00 & up. Over 130 patterns to choose from. P.O. Box 203, Cross Plains, TN 37049, (615) 654-4445.

For More Information Email: [email protected]

LOL

There is no doubt that Tip is his own man.

I believe he has the largest supply of parts and assembled (in the white)rifles in the country.

Back