• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tn. Muzzleloading season opening day 11/5/ 2011

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I ran a little late getting to the woods as i always do on the 1st morning i get to hunt.Seems like i just can't get organized on the 1st hunt of the year. I got settled into my stand at 07:15 am. This guy came along at 07:50. The wind was gusty and swirling at 10 to 15 mph.The buck was working scrapes along the edge of my 1/2 acre green field which is planted atop a ridge in some fairly thick cover.
The shot was at 35 yards with my TC Hawken .50 cal.perc. Loaded with a .490 roundball, pillow tickin' patch lubed with olive oil. I used 90 grns of FFFG Goex with a good pinch of wasp nest as a over powder wad. 8 points, 2.5 yrs old, approx. live weight 150 to 160 lbs. :idunno: :hatsoff:

100_7472.jpg

100_7493.jpg

SMO, that just outstanding, and an excellent buck!
A great way to kick off opening day for sure, so I guess you were plenty organized enough...LOL.
:hatsoff:

Yer right on that! very nice buck! When you mentioned you had a scrap right in front of your stand I had feeling you were going to getcha one.

Back