• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Today is the first day in Jersey

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JesseJames

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Today was opening day of Jersey's muzzleloading season. In our zone we have 27 days to hunt. Five of us went out today,we killed 2 does and 1 miss. We all seen deer. My 45 cherokee is ready to do some cracking.

Hi Jesse

I grew up in Washington NJ and back then only shotguns with buckshot were legal. Shows how old I am!!

Gregk

I also remember when it was buckshot only and no doe days. Been hunting in Jersey for 45 years,now you have an idea of my age.

snakeeye

I could have shot a small doe,but I let it walk. Seen a nice buck,could not get a clear shot at it.

Gregk

I also remember when it was buckshot only and no doe days. Been hunting in Jersey for 45 years,now you have an idea of my age.

Jesse
You win, I started hunting in NJ when I was 14, that was 38 years ago.
:applause:

I put a ladder stand up in a stop I have wanted to hunt for over 5 years...but couldn't figure out a way to access with less than a 2hr trudge through a swamp. So I finally figured it out, waited all fall for nov 29th....and I had to work..will be lucky if i can even hunt it on dec 6th...oh well there goes the buck of my dreams. This spot is truly deer heaven.

. . . but couldn't figure out a way to access with less than a 2hr trudge through a swamp.

That's about the time I get settled in having arrived 30 minutes before sun-up and some guy on an ATV pulls up and tosses his breakfast beer can at my feet before making the 45 second trek to his tree-stand placed after dark the day before. :curse:

Well today was a little slower than yesterday. Out of us guys I was the only one to see deer. It warmed up quite a bit in the afternoon. We will give it a shot next Monday when muzzleloader comes back in.

Back