• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Today's Hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.flintlock

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I had a successful hunt today. At 10:30 this morning I Killed a nice 6 point buck with my 45 caliber Southern Mountain rifle. My load was a patched .445 patched round ball ahead of a little 50 grain load of GOEX 3-f black powder. The buck dropped in his tracks, kicked a couple of times and died. Range- 25 yards.

:photoSmile:

Did I mention that we need some pictures?

I am technically challenged. Never learned to post pictures. Maybe the reason I still hunt with a flintlock. My name is David Sapp and I am on Facebook as are my pictures.My profile picture is the deer I shot today.

davidsapp.jpg

Zat U, Mr. Flintlock? :wink:

Ok, I just got back from hunting in Georgia about an hour ago. Didn't get a deer though, but missed a big buck (actually, I shouldn't have even taken the shot :redface: ). Spent most of my time trying to learn how to hunt eastern forests and learning about whitetails.

So where did you get that deer? I hunted two WMA's, Rich Mountain and Blue Ridge. I plan on going back again next year.

Congratulations on the deer. :thumbsup: Bill

Back