• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Too many guns ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatalinaDave

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Is it possible to own too many bp guns ? ? ?

If so, whats the limit? How many rifles? How many revolvers? How many flinters can I have?

I really depend on yer guys experience helpin' me, so "thanks" in advance!

"take yer best shot at me, iffin' yer miss, throw yer hawks!"
"keep chewin' powder an spittin' lead."

CatalinaDave :idunno:

Well, I've got 6 single shot pistols, 16 C&B revolvers (all different), 1 double barrel 12 guage shotgun, 3 commercially made rifles and 10 custom made rifles.

Thats not counting the BP guns that use those funny brass cans that hold all the fixings.

I'm beginning to think that maybe I have enough for now. Course, who knows what I might find in the future? Best not to lock the gate too soon. :rotf:

In a word.. NO

I suppose one could say they owned too many guns when one owned more guns than they could shoot in one year's time, average time at the shooting range (or wherever you shoot) But IMHO even then, i would buy more when I could.

WHAT??? :shocked2: .Dang man we aint drinkin shine so there aint no such thing as to many. Bent

Dave,
There is no such thing as TO MANY. there's 51 in this room alone and a few more elsewhere.
Mark

I lost count a score of years ago. Mrs. complains about taking up all the closet space. When I clean a closet, I find one I forgot I owned and it is like Christmas.

have you ever seen a girl too pretty? a horse too fast? wiskey too old? or had too much fun?

I've been told that there's only two good reasons to buy a gun:

1) you DON'T have one of that model, and

2) you ONLY have one of that model!

becase of this philosophy, if you drove by my house and threw a magnet at the wall, it would stick almost anywhere...

If your gun payments are so high that you can't pay for groceries- you may have too many guns.

If you can't walk thru any room in your home without knocking over more than one gun - you may have too many guns.

If you live on a houseboat and there is less than six inches of freeboard left - you may have too many guns.

If the dehumidifiers in your gun rooms use more electricity than your heat pump - you may have too many guns.

If the building inspector says you need another couple of I-beams under your house - you may have too many guns.

If you have Rem-oil delivered by tanker truck - you may have too many guns.

If the local JoAnn's carries nothing but patch material and you are their only customer - you may have too many guns.

If you are looking into building a silo to store shot - you may have too many guns.

If you use a golf cart to get around your gun room - you may have too many guns.

Stumpkiller said:
If you have a gun you haven't fired in six months and it's a shooter vs. a collectable you may have too many. :wink:

Nah... if that's the case, you just don't go shootin' enough. :grin:

Jethro224 said:
Stumpkiller said:
If you have a gun you haven't fired in six months and it's a shooter vs. a collectable you may have too many. :wink:

Nah... if that's the case, you just don't go shootin' enough. :grin:

Whew! I can keep my guns after all!! Honey! We's buying ammunition!

There it is!
If you spent all your $ on guns and can't afford any ammunition... you have too many guns. :haha:

One of my biggest problems is figuring out which rifle to take to the range. I can waste many hours pondering this perdicament on a count of so many choices! That said, muzzle loaders are kind of like underwear. If you have a pair for every day of the week, you should be set. That is until you get to be my age. Then you need "spares" just in case! :rotf:

Back