• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Too many guns ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike Brooks said:
I don't like guns and don't have any.
I'm not sure I would take much faith in that statement.
I've seen this fellows work.
When we think we have enough guns, I believe it is time that we start taking care of our personal business, because our time here on earth is about done.
The Mrs. has asked me which gun I wish to be buried with.
My response: My fovourite ones! All of 'em!
Fred

There was a time, I thought I had all I needed. Now, I realize my wrong ways and I WANT many more.

Stumpkiller said:
If you have a gun you haven't fired in six months and it's a shooter vs. a collectable you may have too many. :wink:

Stumpkiller so it ain't so! I have some I haven't shot in six years. Heck, in a couple more years I will have a some I haven't shot in 60 years. :shocked2:

Black Powder guns come in so many flavors and varieties it is nearly impossible NOt to start fanning out and getting more than one or more than a few dozen or so.

They are like knives... who has just one knife?!

:thumbsup:

OK, Now let me understand this......My Army Sargent learnt me "This is my rifle and this is my gun, this ones for shootin' and this ones for fun!!! Now, guys, I only need ONE gun and if you all need more guns there's something "funny" going on around here....... :rotf: Horserod

Started building LRs in 1977 and kept every one from there on and in a few yrs ran out of rack space. Also didn't use most. So...one day I thought of selling a few which previously wouldn't have happened. Cleared the racks except for the 3 utility MLers and now the rack is mainly filled w/ builds in progress and the latest finished LRs. That way I get to see new guns a few times a yr but they're all eventually sold. Get my "kicks" from building rather than collecting. Each to his/her own devices....Fred

Loyalist Dave said:
AND ANOTHER THING....,

When a husband is told by his wife he has "too many guns" he should consider the reply, "then you, my dear, have too many pairs of shoes."

:haha:

LD

Thats when she proves it by throwing them at you lol

I have heard the term "too many guns" before and do not understand these words. Such thing surely can't be possible. Didn't they use to burn folks for saying such things?

There's no limit and any mix is righteous.

Stumpkiller said:
If you have a gun you haven't fired in six months and it's a shooter vs. a collectable you may have too many. :wink:
Now Stumpy, I fit your description and I still don't think I have too many guns. Although I have slowed down a bit. My wife tells me I have a "gun track mind"! :rotf: And no, they are not all muzzle loaders, lots are BPCR and old timey guns along with contemporary models. That's what makes it all so interesting

You know, a few years back me n my daddy were looking over his handful of firearms. We were talking about some newer guns he was interested in and Mom (who is a shooter herself so this confused me a bit) chimed in with "you have enough guns already, why do you want any more?"
Dad's imme3diate response while looking at me was "You can never have too many guns."

Fast forward about three years, For reasons best left off the board (no legal problems financial ones) I asked my parents to store my guns, and other belongings for a while. He puts them under his bed in the RV for me.

4 months later, I'm no longer in need of the storage, and preparing to move my family to Arizona. While digging my 7 or 8 firearms out my dad says "you have too many guns." :confused:

I just repeated what he'd said to mom, you can never have too many :blah:

well...there is the old saying that I was told "don't ever get the man angry who only owns one rifle"
of course.....I only heard it... :blah:

At one time I had too many B/P guns and the doctor gave me some pills. Feel much better about that now. Still go to the range and hunting with that doctor.

Vern

"Beware the man with only one gun; he is probably broke and looking to skin someone out of one." :rotf:

I'll keep that in mind :hmm:

Hey wait! :nono: I'm broke! :shocked2:

Oh yea, I have more than one gun so Im good. :applause:

But.. I only have one muzzle loading gun, so I need more! :haha:

Back