• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Too many guns ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are like 'tater chips - one is not enough.

They are NOT like 'tater chips - you can eat too many 'tater chips. :nono:

Actually, if I had to get rid of all but one, this one would be the keeper. And it would _almost_ be enough:
cs08.jpg
[/img]

Guns are tools. Each one has a specific purpose. If you have many types of needs, you need many guns...like screwdrivers and wrenches. Some people get by with a flat head and a phillips, some have a whole rack of various size screwdrivers, and another of wrenches.

To many guns ? No that just isn't so. I agree with the tool thery. Differant ones for differant purposes and applications.

"too many guns"

How does one make their mouth say something like that.... :rotf:

I'll just slip into my asbestos skivvies and say, yes, you CAN have too many guns. I know 'cause I do. Now, why's that? you say. Like one fellow commented, I can get brain-lock just deciding which to take to the range. Sometimes to the point that I run out of time. And it gets really, really crowded. Since I keep my long guns in socks and/or sleeves and locked up (been burglarized once and have kids), I lose track of which is what. Nothing more embarrassing than considering another gun and then recalling, Oh, yeah, I bought one of those four/five years ago. I was looking at another rifle the other day, of course a "really good deal" (ain't they all?) and thought, well, I'm tapped out plus I don't have anywhere to put it. What could I get rid of? Sat down, pen in hand and, two/three reams of paper what-ifs later, decided I could probably pare it down by a full half and still have almost too many. I will admit that I am a sucker for the great deal. Won't spend $600/$700 on a gun but will gladly dispense that and more parceled out over the course of a month or two on "bargains". Finally decided to let some of those bargains go and hang on to the better ones. (Sometimes they are bargains for a reason.)

Yeah, it IS humbling sitting down and cataloging your guns, finishing the list and then adding Oh, and that one, then Hey, there's also this one..... At that point you don't own the guns, they own YOU. :grin:

Blasphemy. Don't ever let the wives get the idea that such a thing is possible. :shake:

Love it! I'm going to frame it and hang it on the wall of my gun room.

I'm approaching 150 guns of all types and I'm still looking for more, I NEED HELP (finding more that is)! Seriously, I have found it to be far cheaper and safer than drinking, building hot cars and racing motorcycles.

Well, what do you expect? After all, you live in Winchester. :wink: (Did you ever drive up to Martinsburg when Navy Arms and Gibbs were up there?)

We went to dinner with some friends(yes, I have some)and we got to talking about my guns. My wife made the comment about "too many" and I asked her what about her shoes? Before she could say anything, I said, "And your shoes wear out in a year or so, my guns never have to be replaced."

Could you still hobble to the car after she kicked you under the table? Heck, just checked my account on line and saw that the old lady went to DSW, again, this afternoon. Well, you can't sell old shoes but you sure can sell an old gun.

Too... many... guns...
w-what... what is this? :shocked2:

BLASPHEMY! BLASPHEMY! BURN HIM!

:grin:

I think that the phrase "too many" and the word "guns" do not belong in the same sentence.

I'm jumping in here awful late but your topic title caught my eye.

My answer is simply NO, you cannot possibly own too many BP arms.

My wife may have a different answer to this question though.

:grin:

HD

Yeah, yeah, I hear ya. "Honey, you got enough shoes already!" Reminds me of two old guys I overheard in a little gun shop. One says "I took that little .410 and put it inside a case and was sneaking it into the house when my wife comes to the top of the stairs and says 'What's that, another gun?' And I said, 'No, hon, it's a set of shotgun barrels I loaned to a buddy and he was just returning them.'" "Quick thinkin'!" remarks the other. I thought to myself, "Man, I hope I never have to go sneaking things in behind my wife's back. I'll never do that!" Been there and done that, multiple times now. Shameful, but there it is. Some may say, "Hey, I'll buy all the guns I wanna!" but I'm sure there's more than one who will be telling the wife, "Why, dear, that's just a set of shotgun barrels I loaned old Willie...." :wink:

Actually, as I told my loving wife, you need a dif. firearm for Each animal you will hunt, as not to confuse the weapon..... When you run out of animals in the USA, you simply start on animals of other countries....... :wink: However, there is quite a number you can come up right here & easily get into 3 digit numbers. :idunno:

Keith Lisle

Back