• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Track of the Wolf....hmm...I dunno...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You said, maybe it was just you and I believe you were right. I order from them all the time and have for many yrs. and they've always been super to deal with.
I have to agree with Soggy. They've had the "send in a nice order" thing for a long time. It's like the sign most businesses have that says "thanks, call again". It's not an ORDER, it's just a suggestion.

I sent a query to TOTW last night and received a reply this evening. The letter was from David Riplinger and it contained exactly the information I requested in a most polite manner. At the end was "send a nice order". I probably never would have noticed it if not for this thread. It did not offend me in the least and as has been mentioned I viewed it as a "signature". Don't be offended by it.

If seeking business by asking for it offended most people I would have been out of business long ago!!!!!

Vic

I have had good service from TOW theo nly thing about them that irks me is their constant inaccurate writeups that describe how "correct" all their parts sets or consignment guns are, when in fact many leave much to be desired from a historical stand point.

"Send a nice order"

Well, I intend to send an order. Don't know how big of an order, but I do need some items and I've always had a good relationship with Track of the Wolf.

I'm glad they're out there for us, as well as the others who offer the things we traditionalist require, though it be replica in a lot of cases. I like the Gun parts section! :thumbsup:

Might seem pushy to some, but as has been said, he is not our reference library.

He feeds his family through this business and that is the bottom line.

Years ago when I was in sales, my boss told me to never be afraid to ask for the business. Dave is doing just that and I will give him his fair share.

CS

Er..some of the comments give the idea I just called him and wanted information...No..I called him and asked him if they had any buttplate that would[url] fit...in[/url] other words..I wanted to BUY from them. While I agree that it would be not the most polite thing to do..to call and just want info...still...and I may be old fashioned...I would think that it would be viewed by them as an opportunity to get a new customer to want to buy from them...as well as if it were an established customer then reinforcing thier relationship. Now...all that being said...and yes, I was for a long time self employed so I know all about curious callers....never ever was I that damm rude as to include in any correspondence something as rash as send a nice order...I kinda figure I was brought up to have manners...perhaps today that is a thing of the past...sadly

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered from them a couple of weeks ago and I will order some items from Dixie (whom I find the rudest and least accommodating) and I will get some parts from TVM and some accessories from October Country. I like to give them all some business.
CrackStock,
I have to agree with your assesment
of Dixie Gun Works. I have spent more money with them
than a care to discuss and will most likely spend more,
but as you stated everytime i have personally contacted
them i felt i was treated very rudely.Don't dare ask them
a ? that they feel everyone on planet earth knows the
answer to, because they can make you feel like the village
idiot :imo:. Also, at least in the last year or so it
seems like prices,even on small items [like patches,lubes, cleaning jags, etc.] change daily. :m2c: :hmm: :results:
I seriously doubt that Mr. Turner
Kirkland would would approve of the way customers are being treated :imo:
snake-eyes :m2c: :hmm: :thumbsup:

Oomcurt,
I got so curious after reading this thread so I just now ordered that catalogue from Track of the Wolf ::. Now I am having a disturbing thought that all this discussion is set up by Mr.Ripplinger to get more people ordering the catalouge :: :hmm:.
When visiting USA I have constantly received comments like "have a nice day", "how are you doing"(nobody seems interested when I start telling how I really feels though) so "send in a nice order" feels in line with all the rest.
ARILAR :: :thumbsup:

I like Track's catalog, but won't trade with them any more. Several years back I ordered a Caywood kit and had it finished by one of the best builders in Oregon. Financial problems forced me to sell it without even firing it. Ripplinger wanted to see it, so I shipped it to him. He then offered to buy it for something like $300 cash or a little more in trade (the kit alone was about $700, and the finishing was flawless). I said no thanks, and he shipped it back to me with a letter concluding that it had been finished by Caywood and insinuating that I was lying about having Ron Long finish it.
Needless to say, I will not have anything to do with Track ever again. Ever.

I've order online, small stuff from Track of the Wolf.

No problems, orders filled and shipped quickly.

I emailed them again, this time I asked: Why do you have "Send a nice order" at the bottom of your correspondence letters?

No..I called him and asked him if they had any buttplate that would[url] fit...in[/url] other words..I wanted to BUY from them. While I agree that it would be not the most polite thing to do..to call and just want info...still...and I may be old fashioned...I would think that it would be viewed by them as an opportunity to get a new customer to want to buy from them

I think Mr. Ripplinger strongly suggests getting the catalog because most of the parts are pictured full size. This eliminates communication errors writing down numbers and trying to guess what your stock looks like. With the catalog you can just hold the stock up to the picture and get a feel for it. Trust me, I do it all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed them again, this time I asked: Why do you have "Send a nice order" at the bottom of your correspondence letters?

Got an answer today...

Perhaps "Send a nice order" seems odd, but it reminds our customers that we depend on them, to stay in business.

We get many newsy letters and chit-chat phone calls, and we must maintain discipline, to achieve "same day shipment".

That UPS truck arrives at 4:30 and must be loaded by 5:00 pm.

Actually, it is a tribute to one of my dead heros, who used to end his letters that way.

He also sent "Thanks a Million" letters, that had his face faintly printed behind the text.

I wish that I had kept Turner Kirkland's correspondence, from those years ago.

Regards,

David Ripplinger

MM...wondered if you mentioned that the phrase might be being misinterpreted by some recipients...

Same as anything in life,you can't please everyone.Someone is always going to find fault in what you do. :m2c:

Latest posts

Back