• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

USPS and Track of the Wolf

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as it taking the USPS longer to deliver. They are short handed. For years they have not been able to hire some people due to poor driving records and people not being able to pass the drug test. It's legal in a lot of states to smoke weed now, this has not helped the situation. Covid has allowed many to stay home and get more than if they worked. Remember Tape is cheap!
Nit Wit
My brother (now retired) was a contract over the road driver for USPS for about 10 years. He confirms this.

Rick

Not from Track, but it took 2 gun cases 29 days to get here. ("Priority' mail sent on 11 Jan.) :(

"Requiring a signature hasn't helped because the guy delivering it just signs themselves and drops it at the door, because covid and all."

The signature is on the electronic gizmo, if ain't yours it ain't yours.
My "signature" on any "electronic gizmo" is a chicken scratch compared to my sig on paper.
I imagine it's the same for most people seein's how the gizmo is normally unsupported.

wm

Requiring a signature hasn't helped because the guy delivering it just signs themselves and drops it at the door ...

And this is exactly my point. That isn't gonna cut it. There is a "chain of custody" as it were, when things are purchased and shipped and different carriers handle an item.

It literally isn't "mine" until I take custody of it. Technically it belomgs to the carrier. What they are doing is a form of cost shifting - I get why they do it, and most of the time, in most delivery areas of the residential type, for most items it works. Or used to, anyway. People want their stuff. They don't want to have to drive somewhere to pick it up, because nobody was available to sign.

But this notion of "we don't know where it is" or "it was delivered" (OK, sure ... where???) and then fhe run around starts and "too bad so sad" is kind of hinky.

Having items delivered to a business is one way to put a check on just dropping parcels off with no one to accept delivery.

My "signature" on any "electronic gizmo" is a chicken scratch compared to my sig on paper. I imagine it's the same for most people seein's how the gizmo is normally unsupported.

Sure, but I'm going to know if I signed for something important, and especially, I'm not going to sign for something I didn't get.

I especially wouldn't sign for an empty box or anything smashed up either. "Refused" - this is part of the scam, I reckon. Once you've "accepted" it, now it's your problem.

It's your responsibility to make sure nothing poke through. Tape is cheap!
Nit Wit

Reactions: PM
Hawken has said it nicely, ain't yours till it's signed for.

Received a Hazmat shipment recently. Not delivered by the USPS, but another carrier. It was dropped off on a neighbor’s front porch, and it scared the daylights out of them. They saw my name on the package and called me to come pick it up, but had the sheriff on the phone when I got there. If they had not gotten hold of me imagine they would have had the bomb squad there.

Well ... OK... but there is some over the top hysterical over reaction on their part. In my opinion. The good stuff isn't available too easily any more ;)

IMG_1637.JPG

"Well ... OK... but there is some over the top hysterical over reaction on their part."

Nope, you have not met my sister-in-law.

Well ... OK... but there is some over the top hysterical over reaction on their part. In my opinion. The good stuff isn't available too easily any more ;)

View attachment 63615
So you would carry a box around with EXPLOSIVE and FLAMMABLE SOLID labels on it and not expect reactions? My point was, for the additional Hazmat fee, I would expect the delivery person to match the address on the package to the street address they left the package at. And then there is adult signature thing.

If it's not properly packaged, it is the shipper's fault. You are paying them for "Shipping" and "Handling".

So you would carry a box around with EXPLOSIVE and FLAMMABLE SOLID labels on it and not expect reactions?

Apples and aircraft carriers. If I look like Charlie Manson, and I'm dropping random boxes that tick like an alarm clock with wires hanging out, oily stains saturating the cardboard, etc off yeah, I'd expect a visit. (Well, maybe not any more these days, but at one time sure)

If on the other hand a brown truck rolls up, and a delivery guy drops a box off ... I'm probably expecting it. If not, "Hey, what did we get?" Take a look at it, shipping labels, to and from address, all the usual accouterments to a commercial or retail product that is delivered everyday. Oh gee! It's addressed to my next door neighbor! Well, mistakes do happen. Most likely it isn't going to kill me. It didn't kill the UPS guy after all.

I'm not calling homeland security over it, no. I'd call UPS first. Let them handle it. Context matters, ya know? See where I'm goin' with that?

Well 20 plus years ago FEDX left a $2000 unmentionable on my porch (signed for by the driver) sent to me by the old US Department of Civilian Marksmanship so this isn't new behavior. Theft by those handling the mail is epidemic because of lower hiring standards and disciplinary laxness due to Union protections. JMHO

Apples and aircraft carriers. If I look like Charlie Manson, and I'm dropping random boxes that tick like an alarm clock with wires hanging out, oily stains saturating the cardboard, etc off yeah, I'd expect a visit. (Well, maybe not any more these days, but at one time sure)

If on the other hand a brown truck rolls up, and a delivery guy drops a box off ... I'm probably expecting it. If not, "Hey, what did we get?" Take a look at it, shipping labels, to and from address, all the usual accouterments to a commercial or retail product that is delivered everyday. Oh gee! It's addressed to my next door neighbor! Well, mistakes do happen. Most likely it isn't going to kill me. It didn't kill the UPS guy after all.

I'm not calling homeland security over it, no. I'd call UPS first. Let them handle it. Context matters, ya know? See where I'm goin' with that?
Boy, you don’t get. Don’t see where you are going. I was commenting on the carrier, not the neighbor. I have no problem with the neighbor nor what they did. They were not home when the package was placed on their porch. Their pre teen boys pointed it out to their mother after they returned home. Her and I had actually never met before. Their house, while in the ‘neighborhood’ is about 3/4 of a mile from mine. She had my email address from a neighborhood news letter. I had responded that I was on the way, but she had not received my response when I showed up over an hour after her sending an email. She had a heavy, at least to her, package (25 pounds of product), with EXPLOSIVE and FLAMMABLE SOLID labels on it..... People watch the news. Most have no idea that there are muzzleloading enthusiasts shipping EXPLOSIVE and FLAMMABLE SOLID items legally everyday.

Maybe you should test your theory. Drop off an empty package or backpack in front of a building of your choice open to the public. Dress any way you like. Make sure you the cameras see you. Nothing to hide.

Remember, the carrier delivered a 25 pound package with Hazmat and EXPLOSIVE and FLAMMABLE SOLID labels on it to an address that DID NOT match the address on the package. Curious what the purpose of Hazmat labeling and shipping are?

TOW has been very good to me over the years , I have called Monday at noon with a list of things needed for a Saturday shoot and he had them shipped the same day and I had them in time for the shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back