• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Track of the Wolf nipple

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antelope Pete

40 Cal
Reaction score
I am using a flash cup and really like it as cleanup is easier and no burned wood. My question is the standard nipple thread length is about .200. Track has a stainless nipple that is a 1/4-28 with a thread length of .225 that they say is for some Colt pistols. The other dimensions are very close to the Treso/Ampco that I'm using now except for the thread length. I'm thinking the extra thread length would cover for the thickness of the flash cup.
So my two questions are do you think I'm over thinking this and if I'm not are Track's stainless nipples good?

Sounds reasonable if the added .025" thread length is about the same thickness as the flash cup and will not protrude into the flash channel. I've found Track's steel nipples to be fine. I've never used the stainless.

I think you are over thinking it - if the gun goes bang with the flash cup installed then just shoot it - if it does not go bang with the flash cup installed then get the longer threaded nipple - not rocket science here.:doh::ghostly:;)

I think you are over thinking it - if the gun goes bang with the flash cup installed then just shoot it - if it does not go bang with the flash cup installed then get the longer threaded nipple - not rocket science here.:doh::ghostly:;)

Thanks for the replies. Good to hear the Track nipple has good reviews.

ZUG,
The gun goes bang just fine. My thought was with regard to strength because with the flash cup the nipple doesn't engage as many threads as the bare nipple, that's all.

Back