• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trade Pistols?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone out there own a trade pistol? I’ve got a 20 gauge north west trade gun and have been dreaming about a backup sidearm for it when in the bush and for general plinking and target work.

5FBE1D31-3F8F-4C35-B6EA-475C56C6F846.jpeg

I think a smoothbore example in matching 20 gauge would be really neat. Can anyone recommend a kit or builder? Thanks!!

Last edited:
Looks just like the one I made to go with my 20 gauge trade gun, except I put a front sight on it, the turtle kind. I built from scratch, meaning I got the various parts from Track of the Wolf and cut out the stock. Don't know of any kits for this, doubt it. It is fun to shoot, and I can keep most of the balls on a 25 yard target at 25 yds. Hitting a scoring ring is just luck. Anyway, good luck on your search.

Back