• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions double rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedFeather

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Was just looking at their website and saw a double rifle. Looks to be based on an over/under shotgun. Only $1599! Said it has four locking lugs to take the most powerful (150 grain or three-pellet) loadings. Hope they aren't contracting out to one of the cheaper Spanish shotgun makers or they will need those lugs! I've heard of some modestly priced Spanish doubles shooting loose in very little time. If I have it right, that thing is nothing more than a shotgun with breechplugs and enlarged firing pins. Anyone ever taken an old double and tried a conversion like this? I've thought about it from time to time, but am hopelessly disabled when it comes to building things. Bet they will sell a ton of them!

Yep, Traditions gets their stuff from Spain. That's the reason I'm wondering who is making the receivers for these. I kind of doubt they are from AyA. Just remember reading test results of the cheap Spanish Larona O/U's that were imported by K-Mart, et al. The guns shot loose if used too much. Not saying Spanish shotguns aren't good. Just not for under about $1000.

On the drop in rifled liners, were those for centerfire? I've heard of 45/70 conversions, but then you have to really watch the receiver strength and alloy.

I have some Traditions and find them damned fine shooting rifles. They have a repitation of being cheap junk but the rifles I have are some of the most accurate that I have

I have an old 20 gauge dbl barrel shotgun that has been welded shut at the breech and has nipples inserted and hammers modified to fit the nipples, it hanhgs on the wall ...which is a pretty good place for it I think, I may load it up sometime and take some rope and a long string to fire it, but it would just be a wate of time more than likely, if it did not blow I would still not be interested in shooting it.

Latest posts

Back