• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

traditions pa pellet rifle quality

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerf

32 Cal.
Reaction score
recently bought one.seems like a good gun,no gap between barrell and pan,touch hole lines up good.foregive spelling punctuation .my first ever post on the net.

welcome to the site these guys are a wealth of knowledge and you shall have your answer i have never owned one myself.

#1 dont hit the front sight on anything it will break #2 when you go to clean it ,before you pull the plug from the back put some soapy water through it first to clean out the touch hole then back out the liner a little then take the breech plug out ,you see the liner goes into the breech plug and normally with the crude that builds up in there you cant back out the liner until some of thr crude is gone#3 make sure when you put the breech plug back in there`s a little mark on the back lug ,make sure its lines up with the mark on the barrel so that the liner goes back into it cause if it doesnt NO FIRE !!!!#4 SAVE YOURSELF ALOT OF AGGRAVATION change the sights both front and back to a quaility set#5 I didnt like the way the stock felt by the trigger so I sanded the bottom down to fit my hand grip better ,other than those things it was a good shooter...oh welcome to the forum

thanks for the replies,the fit and finnish is better than my great plains.

I second the sights being terrible. I had the front one come off and had to order a new one. Replacing would be a good idea. Other than that, no problems at all.

Ditto on the sights, but other than that it's a decent gun for the price. I am guessing that you have the wooden stock.

This traditions pellet is a flintlock? I wonder how they get it to work with pyrodex pellets when most people can't get good results with pyrodex in flinters?

it's a nickel finnish and synthetic stock.got tired of lugging my great plains over hill and dell. this traditions is nice and light.dont plan on using pyrodex.just good ol blackpowder.bought it for the ease of cleaning(removable breechplug).

A friend brought his Traditions Deerhunter flintlock by yesterday to shoot it for the first time. Mighty short barrel and I didn't know what to expect as far as lock performance. When he shot it I was expecting ignition trouble out of the pint sized lock but I don't think I have ever seen a quicker lock, I was sure surprised. We were patterning smooth bores for turkey season so we didn't shoot his gun enough to get it dialed in for grouping but I feel his little gun will serve him well.

My son has one. Nickel barrel with snow camo stock. ( He does not like the stock and I'm looking to buy a wood one to replace it. ) I used it the year before last with no problems. I used 3f APP loose powder with round balls.

He used it this year with powerbelts. ( 295's I think ) with two 50 gr APP sticks. The gun went off every time and i was impressed with the way he hit the targets with it. Much better then I did the year before with roundballs.

After the better part of five weeks of carrying my GPR in the woods this year I think that a PA Pellet makes a good lite weight hunting gun.

100_0860.jpg

Back