• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Question Help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul23

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Paul and I am getting into Civil War living history and reenacting. I am deciding if I should go with either a Traditions smoothbore 1842 or a 1861 Springfield rifle. Im not interested in the traditions kits but I was wondering what brand to even get. Are the traditions any good? Also would I be able to even find a bayonet for the Traditions .69 smoothbore?

Thanks for any help :)

The Traditions is actually made by Armisport, and is a decent repro. Probably one of the most authentic repros available. I would make the decision based on what unit you will be reenacting, check to see what they were armed with.

Latest posts

Back