• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions Trapper Pistol. if you have one please respond.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schuetzenisbestBP

.50 caliber
Reaction score
a while, probably close to a year now, if not more, i broke the ramrod for my traditions trapper pistol snapped at the brass ends. I can't repair it, it's past that. I haven't bought one since and as a result fell out of muzzleloading for a good while.

So, I'm looking into purchasing another on track of the wolf. If you have one, could you measure it and reply here? I don't believe they have a specific traditions or cva rod. I also can't find specs on the traditions website other than the thread size I would like the diameter and full length if you could.

Attachments

• 20221130_153754.jpg
    20221130_153754.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
My Traditions Kentucky has a 5/16" or likely 8mm ( .3125" vs .315 mm)
My measurements are as follows, seems not to be as parallel as would think, bulges in the middle

Attachments

• IMG_0546.jpeg
    IMG_0546.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0545.jpeg
    IMG_0545.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0548.jpeg
    IMG_0548.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0549.jpeg
    IMG_0549.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0550.jpeg
    IMG_0550.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I may be wrong on this but you still have the broken ram rod so why don't you measure it? This way you will have the EXACT measurement of YOUR ram rod. This should not be that hard to do.:dunno:;)

I may be wrong on this but you still have the broken ram rod so why don't you measure it? This way you will have the EXACT measurement of YOUR ram rod. This should not be that hard to do.:dunno:;)
Funny, but the meaning I got out of the OP was that he didn't have it any more, and that's why he was asking for measurements.

Maybe due to different experience. I once screwed up putting a new tip on a ramrod, which spoiled the whole thing of course, so I broke it and threw out the pieces. 😄

Traditions has good customer service. Don't always have parts in stock but you get to talk to a real person. I never use the stock ramrod anymore. I bought a 12inch starter from track of the Wolf and keep that in my belt. One move loading.

Back