• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions trapper pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allan Gray

45 Cal.
Reaction score
A buddy of mine bought this kit used, started to build it and decided it was over his head.
Discouraged, he passed it along to me for keeps.
I'm not a percussion cap guy, so I'm going to give it back.
I had a lot of fun putting it together for him.
Below are some "before and after" photos...

DSC01774.jpg

DSC01775.jpg

DSC01784.jpg

DSC01787.jpg

VERY NICE !! :bow:
I'm sure he'll really enjoy getting it back in "as good or better" condition. :applause:

Mr.Grey,
Fine job! I'm sure your friend is grateful...
If not,take it back and send it to me!:rotf::rotf:
snake-eyes

Mr.Gray, That is a fine lookin' shootin iron. :thumbsup: May I ask what type finish is that on the barrel & lock?

Thanks!

The lock had the factory case hardened finish. I buffed some of it down with #4 steel wool to make it a bit brighter, and fire-blued the tumbler screw.

For the barrel, I draw filed off all of the factory "Surgeon General's warnings" and gave it a mustard finish.

wow! :bow: :bow: i would have kept it! lol. Beautiful job.

I started to sweat when i saw the first pictures.

Back