• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Traditions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good grief . Here we go again. The OP asks for opinions on traditions guns. I said I wouldn't own one.
(Why would I when I can build anything I want)
Then everyone goes all butt hurt because I don't want a Traditions rifle. What the hell is up with that? I can like or dislike anything I want to just like the rest of you.
Now I have a stalker that just won't leave me alone. I have had stalkers before. Pretty creepy people.
Are you people TRYING to drive me away from here? If so. Just let me know and you can find someone else to get your panties all in a bunch.
It’s probably your attitude. It may be that you are the one that’s thin skined and gets butt hurt when someone calls you out.

That being said. A persons choice is not always about the dollar but at times it’s availability. If Jim Kibler built everything Pedersoli has to offer we would be buying those instead of Pedersolis.

Humans with strong opinions on one side, or the other… who’da thunk it?!?
Yeah. I often write things then delete. I think one of the lowest kind of persons is a guy who will make fun of, or talk down another man’s gun. If it works for them, great. If they ask for help, great.

I learn a lot just by reading some of these guy’s posts. Sometimes others post ridiculous things.

Me too and good thing or I would be banned for life. I have trouble not calling out buttfacedfolk
It took me quite a while to compose my response (#165). I had to keep reminding myself, “no longer at the firehouse… no longer at the firehouse”. In those days, we walked back (or were pretty much drug) to the weight room and the disagreements were hashed out; often very loudly!

D'you 'spose I'm gonna drag my custom Bucket List through the brush, or one 'em other ones?

LOL, as a newb I'm just now realizing same, the folly of all this snobbery. I've got a custom flinter now, and don't want to accidently scratch it on a barbed wire fence OMG the horror. Guess what I'll be hunting with on opening day? (Hint: T________s K______y , haha y'all crack me up)

Last edited:
I hunt all my guns. When the Kibler SMR .40 is done it will be out there. I just need it to look nice once. The scratches are like photos of a good trip (inless from leaning on a truck and watch in horror as it slowly falls over in the road). Barb wire damage will bring back how I felt when I was sure I could get closer if I leaned it on the fence and cralwed under to stalk a bit more and.......slowly watched it fall over onto some rocks.

...from leaning on a truck and watch in horror as it slowly falls over...

You are SO right (laughing/crying my tail off typing this). I've got an unmentionable I've had for 40 some odd years, shot 7 deer with it, one of those old shiney-stocked overdone '70's high-brow brands - with a HUGE dent right in the middle of the stock and a gouge on the engraved receiver - where it fell over after I left it propped up against my truck... the horror the horror lol I'll never forget that day...

eta: HAHA now I'm doing it all over again with these high-buck longrifles; deja vu all over again, we never learn

Last edited:
Yep Kibler could expand greatly. But I suspect as with most chasing the dollar quality would likely degrade somewhat. Lets encourage Jim to do Jim. He's happy and so are we!😁
Oh I didn’t mean that he should make all that although I am hoping for a trade gun😄.

I was just making a point about availability of product.

I doubt anybody deliberately buys a bad muzzleloader or a a bad anything. For myself, over the years I bought what I could afford within the knowledge base I had at that time. You live and learn, have more money at times, and buy a better gun. Then you get older and retire and have less money again. You should always live within your means. I’ll never throw rocks at anybody for buying what they believe to the best they can afford at that time.

Back