• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Trapping

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was out grouse hunting and stepped over a log (no rattlesnakes hereabouts) and put my foot down beside an opossum that was in a leg-hold trap. He did NOT play opossum. Snarling and hissing.

Some poor trapper must have wondered why his trap had some tattered opossum bits in the jaws.

I used to hunt with a good friend in far southern Arizona. The first time he took me into the desert after javelina he stopped the truck in a sharp bend with a big bush of some sort close by and told me about an experience he had at that spot. He had been passing there while returning from a hunt when he had to empty his bladder. He got out to water that bush, and while doing so a big bobcat leaped at him, squalling loudly. It got within inches of his face before he could move and was then stopped in midair by the chain of a trap it had on a back leg. He allowed as how it was right startling.:)

Lol, I bet that would definitely get ones attention! Probably had no issue "starting a flow"...

My youngest son and I with a seasons catch of fur some years ago

Father and son.jpg

Back