• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Treso Nipples and Pyrodex

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CKeshen

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I ordered some Treso Ampco nipples which should arrive any day now for my 58 Remmie . I have been shooting Pyrodex and was wondering if good old BP might not be better to use with these nipples.

From what I understand the Treso's have a smaller hole down the center for spark and wonder if this will make the already harder to ignite Pyrodex even harder to ignite.

Any thoughts?

This is typically not a problem in revolvers where there is a direct line to the powder chamber. Some patent-type breeches can hamper pyrodex ignition which is usually remedied by use of magnum caps.

I use Treso/Ampco nipples on several revolvers and also rifles, and have never had any Pyrodex ignition issues. I use Pyrodex and Goex interchangeably, and never have any problems - not even from a Gallagher Rifle, or several rifles with patent breeches.

Back