• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Triple Se7en - HISTORIC???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh Smith said:
Josh Smith said:
Link to Black Powder recipe removed!

Sorry Claude. I was asked for a link and that's the only one I had. Figured it would be iffy.

Josh

What I asked for was documentation, preferably from the time, of the Swiss using one of the numerous non-smokeless non-blackpowder powders invented in the 19th century to replace BP as a propellent in military use.

Dan

JMinnerath said:
Did you expect to see the word "sugar" on the MSDS for Triple Seven?
The MSDS for anything doesn't give a chemical formula, it lists only substances with a rating for certain things.
fire, health hazards, etc.
Triple 7 gets its carbon needed for combustion from the compounds found in the sugar family.
Various sugars have been used in explosives for years.
You, of course, wouldn't remember, but it was rationed in WWII because of the demand for producing various explosives and propellants.

I think you will find that even DURING WW-II that the importation of sugar was discouraged to protect domestic producers. In the late 30s there was a law passed, restricting imports of sugar from Cuba and Mexico. It was due to expire in 1940 but was re-enacted and kept in place all through the war. So the need for rationing was likely not for use in explosives or they would have imported all they needed.
They DID want glycerin, in the form of used cooking fats for making explosives.

Dan

Back