• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Triple seven in a shotgun ??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowfish

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have some T7 in 2F and a TC new englander 12ga with screw in chokes,Iam wanting to work up a load for turkeys I was wanting to use the T7 and ox yoke felt wads and number five shot. But have no idea what a good starting point would be because the T7 is stronger, I did not know if you can get good patterns with it you can not go by the volume to volume starting point with it or is it a no-no to use this in a modern black powder shotgun I wish someone here in illinois sold the new black mag powder. Hate to pay the shipping on it from cabelas. Thanks for any help on the load recommendations.

Bow fish,
I have used t7 in my twelve gauge cartridge shotgun. I started with 70 grains and had great results. It should work just fine. Just remember to flush the barrel with lots of water, it is the only thing that will wash the oxydizer out of your bore.
God bless.
volatpluvia

I've been using 777 in FF granulation in my Pedersoli SxS 12 ga. For hunting, I load 70 gr, two wonder wads, 1 1/4 oz of lead shot,and an over shot card. For clay birds, I load 62 gr. every thing else the same, except I use 1 1/8 oz of 7 1/2 lead shot. Patterns are not bad at all. I'm considering buying felt and cutting my own wads though, after readng about it on this forum. The price of those wonder wads is WAY TOO high.

Bowfish I use T7 volume to volume in my sxs 10 ga.and 20 ga. I don't find the differance in pyrodex or T7 or 2f bp noticeable. :winking: Rocky

Back