• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tung oil

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am happy with it I never did like how dark it originaly came out, my bad as I waited to long to wipe of the filler and it had taken a dark tone, I was in a hurry so just went with it, figuring that I would have time in the future to tone it down.

"Formbys tung oil is nothing more than varnish"

That is what it says on the can, with additional oils. I don't think anyone was trying to suggest it as being something from NASA or that you needed to be an attorney to use it, most varnishes are oil based. Original finishes were not much more, I don't care for some of the plasticy looking stuff, I find the BLO/sparvarn/turp or the tung oil/spar varn/turp to work and look very well for my needs.

hatchetjack said:
Formbys tung oil is nothing more than varnish.

W H A T !! :shocked2: Had I known that I would have gotten my own tungs & squeezed the oil out of them !! :shake: the dirty rotten rebelrousers ......... (he mutters as he walks away discustedly.... :cursing: )

Next thing ya know there will be no fighting when making spar varnish ! :hmm:

Birddog I had some of that it's called YES dear :yakyak: YES dear varnish. :yakyak:

...it leaves you FINISHED and with a dull hugh. :shocked2:

Back