• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Turky Loads?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowshoe

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I am planning on turky hunting with my .62 English fowler? What load should I use? What is a maximum range?

medic302 said:
roundball said:

that's a good load, i love that guys writings i've probably read them a dozen times. i wonder if he's still alive?

He was year before last and apparently still active...I had Emailed him to thank him for being so generous in sharing his information...told him about how good his load was to 40 yards with a Full Jug Choke and we exchanged a couple Emails about where I had the Jug Choke done, etc

Last edited by a moderator:
roundball said:
medic302 said:
roundball said:

that's a good load, i love that guys writings i've probably read them a dozen times. i wonder if he's still alive?

He was year before last and apparently still active...I had Emailed him to thank him for being so generous in sharing his information...told him about how good his load was to 40 yards with a Full Jug Choke and we exchanged a couple Emails about where I had the Jug Choke done, etc

that's good to hear, i should probably do the same sometime.

You will have to shoot your MLoader to see what the effective range is. If open bore it might be as low as 20 yards. Shoot it and see how it patterns.

Good luck
Wess

KyFlintlock said:
You will have to shoot your MLoader to see what the effective range is. If open bore it might be as low as 20 yards. Shoot it and see how it patterns.

Good luck
Wess

Agree...before I had mine Jug Choked, I could only expect consistent satisfactory turkey head saturation to 22 yards

Back