• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TVM Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I want to get started in smooth bore shooting and hunting. I would like to get a flinter that was made here in the states.
I am interested in the TVM but I am open to suggestions. I am not ready to take on a kit gun yet. Of course I am looking for the most BANG for my dollar. THANKS. :winking:

i have a TVM fowler and absolutly love it!!!! very fast, large siler lock. 41 inch barrel. at 40 yards i auctually had 3 balls touch on paper! i couldn't say enough about them!! well worth the wait!! shoots a great pattern with 1 1/2 ounces of #5's and 80 grains ff. if i can be of any help please let me know.
Ken
fowler_and_ml_knives.jpg

mlknives.jpg

River, the last time I was at Dixon's they had a number of TVM fowler for sell. If you're interested in one, I would make a trip to see one in person. I would call first to make sure they still have them in stock.

SP

Ken, thanks for the great shots of your fowler..REAL NICE!
How long did you wait? Is that the stock barrel that TVM offers? The wood must be the top grade....the knife...perfect!
I got alot to learn and many questions...alittle tired...been
sitting in a tree stand all day.

Slowpoke, I live about 100 miles north of Dixon's....will definetly give them a call....THANKS
Gerry

A buddy of mind just ordered one of their Southern rifles and Toni told him that there was a 11 month wait. All the rifle they sell are good. They are definatly a step above the more commercially available rifles and will give you years of great service. With that said, I have to warn you. You are taking a dangerious steps, for once you get it, you will start wanting more and more fancy rifles.

SP

that is the p+++ maple which is a little extra. i had around an 11 month wait as well. nothing but good experiance dealint with Matt & Toni. they answered any question i had and kept me very informed. every aspect of my fowler is flawless in my eyes. very reliable shooter. great lock and awesome wood to metal fit. will definitly do bussiness with them again and trust me i'm a stickler with the performance and look of a muzzleloader. by the way a great friend of mine makes all my knives. his name is Matt and he has a website at www.mlknives.com take care and keep yer powder dry,
Ken

I ordered my TVM Fowler this past July. Matt indicated at the time that, based on his current work load, he would begin on my gun around Thanksgiving, and that it should be ready sometime in the May timeframe. So it looks like 10-11 months is the approximate time it takes.

By the way, I stopped by TVM when I was down visiting my brother in Memphis. Matt and Toni took almost 2 hours out of their busy schedule to make sure every question I asked was answered. They are great people to deal with !

NICE!! I love that fowler. :thumbsup: I wish I would have gotten one like that a while back too.

You said it shoots a good pattern with 1.5oz of #5s. At what distance?

Thanks
Wess

i was shooting at 25 yards. i had about 15-20 pellets in the head and neck area. i will not shot over 25 yards and rarley even that far. at 15 yards it is a real killer on the turkey target, heavy hits in the vitals!!! i use 85 grains ff, 62. wonder wad, a post it paper shot card and another 62. wonder wad. i will be experimenting this spring before season with something other than a wonder wad for over the post it shot card as i feel their is a better method. maye either a thin paper card or nothing at all.

Now, y'all are starting to get me worked-up on thinking about spring turkey with the flinter! I had to come back and look at that fowler again!!

To hear those soft tree yelps in the morning....followed by the THUNDERING GOBBLE!!!!

YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
Wess

i must agree. there is nothing better than sitting on yer favorite hardwood ridge early in the morn just before light with yer fav flinter. just as the first light of dawn is starting to flicker down from the rige top comes a thundering GOBBLE, GOBBBLE, GOBBLE!!!!!!! really starts the ole ticker pumping double quick!!! right on par when yer sitting on yer fav deer watch and oll of a sudden you see a big rack working its way through the brush. DAM, now i'm all fired up!!! will be hunting early tommorow morning on the last day of the southern zone. take care and keep yer powder dry,
Ken

Back