• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

who needs stinking rifling! Kibler fowler group,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's really sweet! It may help to turn the sight a full 180 degrees so the peep is closer to your eye; It'd give it a more traditional look too. I like the staining you did on the timber @olskool. Very nice.

Cheers, Pete
Good idea, but the downward curve of the stock would create an open area between the bottom of the sight (the "base") and the stock. Or maybe not. I reckon the base could be bent to conform. Never mind.
here is a photo of the sight i made. it is just a crude rough prototype to see if it would work. the screw is an old lock plate screw with a flat base, not bevvied so the sight would clamp flat and tight. the sight was a piece of old band sawmill blade. i heated it red hot to get the temper out and bend and drill it. i will take another piece and refine it to look and function correctly.
View attachment 343956

N
here is a Kibler fowler i done about a month ago. i have it for sale but it has been sitting dormant, so this morning i played around with a peep sight i put under the rear screw. this was 50yds off the bench. i could also hit 3x6 steel targets off hand. i might take it deer hunting Saturday morning. our season opened Aug. 15-jan1 i am digging the smooth bore,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
View attachment 343795
NICE !!! Not a Kibler but here's some smoothbore shootin ... North Star N.W. gun I bought it off G. Broker and rebuilt it , it was in rough shape ! ,25 yards ....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230206-110412.png
    Screenshot_20230206-110412.png
    293.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230329-222617.png
    Screenshot_20230329-222617.png
    924.6 KB · Views: 0
The peep should be fuzzy, just look thru it don't try to get it non fuzzy keep your attention on the front sight and target. Think front site, front site, front site You Will get more hits
Some darn good advice !! Front site !!!! and squeeze slowly .... Front site !!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back