• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Two feathers health issues

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, they suck. But we are still praying for your complete recovery ... and many more good years. Dale
Dale:
Thank you, I appreciate the prayers.
One drawback is trying to saddle stitch now. I lost all feeling in my left pinky and ring finger? The follow-up surgeon said that's from how they "packed" me for surgery so I wouldn't move during the operation???? He said it's like laying on your arm all night then waking up with your hand asleep. He asured me the feeling would come back, but I heard that 9 years ago when they did my Right Carotid artery surgery. I still have no feeling in the Right side of my face and neck. I put little faith in Dr.'s these days. They seem like a lot of smoke-n-mirrors to me.
Oh, I got that bag stitched. :thumb:
God bless:
Dave

Yeah. I did well with the bypass surgery. but two of my bypasses are not working. However, the heart is a survivor. Mine developed its own means of getting proper blood flow by using a couple of larger veins to replace the bypasses. I'm doing well and you will also. Dale

Yeah. I did well with the bypass surgery. but two of my bypasses are not working. However, the heart is a survivor. Mine developed its own means of getting proper blood flow by using a couple of larger veins to replace the bypasses. I'm doing well and you will also. Dale
Dale:
WOW.... The body is an amazing machine from quite the creator. Good to hear you're doing well. Thank you.
God bless:
Dave

Howdy folks:
I guess this would be an update?
The surgeons say I'm about on track, but I've lost 45 pounds so far and I still have no stamina? Sitting in front of this keyboard about kills me, but I'm going to try doing a small leather work project later today?
I have my last follow up with the head surgeon on May 4th. we'll see what he says? I'm dying to get back to driving. I bought a new vehicle in January, 2022 and I have to stare at it. :mad: Mrs. Two Feathers is afraid to drive it, so it just sets there.
I'm told I have to take a short trip to a local place soon so I can get some exercise? I feel like a poodle going to the dog park? :thumb:;)
Well...I guess that's about it for now? Thank you all again. I'm hoping to be back soon?
God bless:
Dave Two Feathers
How'd you make out today, Dave?

Hoping all went well.

How'd you make out today, Dave?

Hoping all went well.
Hey painter:
Thank you, but we're not sure yet?
The surgeon thinks I might have fluid in my lungs that may need draining, in which case I'll be going back into the hospital for awhile.
We're still waiting to hear back on the X-ray they took yesterday. Aside from that, I'm doing small projects for the business. Yesterday Mrs. Two Feathers and I walked about 3/4 of a mile inside the hospital, It's a HUGE place. The various hospital buildings cover 50+ acres, has 2 helipads, and employees 25,000 people. The walking Dang near killed ME, but I needed it and I survived. ;) :thumb:
Thank you for your concern and prayers. When I find out more I'll post.
Thank you again to the admin. and mods. for letting this "off topic" thread continue. I appreciate it very much.
God bless:
Dave

Two Feathers. I had a triple bypass on February 3rd, and perhaps somewhat similar to you, I had to have a chest tube put back in again to drain fluids. I think the chest tube drains were worse than the actual surgery. That all got cleared up, and I'm now doing the cardiac rehab thing. It takes time my friend, but you'll get there.

Howdy y'all:
Well my surgeon just called. Yup, he found 500 ml's of fluid in my lungs. So, Now I go in for a drain and an oil change. :)
My surgeon says probably 15 minutes and I'll be on my way home? I know that means at least an hour?
I'm just hoping to be back to my old self in another week or so? I know some customers have lost patience with me, but I kind of expected that. :(
I'm going out on my deck to cut leather shortly, it's beautiful out there. I think the sun will do me good.
God bless everyone and thanks again for all the love, prayers, and support.
I'll get back once I know what's up for sure. I have my "last"?? followup next Thursday afternoon.
Here's a new horn I've been working on slowly. I started it before all this heart mess. It still needs work.
God bless:
Dave Two Feathers

Attachments

• New day hunt horn piucs. 2 001.JPG
    New day hunt horn piucs. 2 001.JPG
    378.4 KB · Views: 0
  • New day hunt horn piucs. 2 002.JPG
    New day hunt horn piucs. 2 002.JPG
    352.5 KB · Views: 0
  • New day hunt horn piucs. 2 003.JPG
    New day hunt horn piucs. 2 003.JPG
    345.2 KB · Views: 0
  • New day hunt horn piucs. 2 004.JPG
    New day hunt horn piucs. 2 004.JPG
    338.4 KB · Views: 0
  • New horn 001.JPG
    New horn 001.JPG
    345.1 KB · Views: 0
  • New horn 002.JPG
    New horn 002.JPG
    327.1 KB · Views: 0
  • New horn 003.JPG
    New horn 003.JPG
    311.4 KB · Views: 0
  • New horn 005.JPG
    New horn 005.JPG
    291.7 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for the likes guys. I'm trying to slowly get back into the game by doing what I can do on my dining room table? I know it's been about 6 weeks of absence since my "episode". I thought I'd be back well before this? Thanks for sticking with me.
God bless:
Two Feathers
You are a good man. And a lot of concerned people are rooting for you, with prayer.

Howdy y'all:
Well my surgeon just called. Yup, he found 500 ml's of fluid in my lungs. So, Now I go in for a drain and an oil change. :)
My surgeon says probably 15 minutes and I'll be on my way home? I know that means at least an hour?
I'm just hoping to be back to my old self in another week or so? I know some customers have lost patience with me, but I kind of expected that. :(
I'm going out on my deck to cut leather shortly, it's beautiful out there. I think the sun will do me good.
God bless everyone and thanks again for all the love, prayers, and support.
I'll get back once I know what's up for sure. I have my "last"?? followup next Thursday afternoon.
Here's a new horn I've been working on slowly. I started it before all this heart mess. It still needs work.
God bless:
Dave Two Feathers
Nice, really nice! That horn just looks like it was made for a mountain man! I'm working on one now, (first horn). Tomorrow is rain and cold, the horn will be something good to do.
Neil

Last edited:
Howdy folks:
I guess this would be an update?
The surgeons say I'm about on track, but I've lost 45 pounds so far and I still have no stamina? Sitting in front of this keyboard about kills me, but I'm going to try doing a small leather work project later today?
I have my last follow up with the head surgeon on May 4th. we'll see what he says? I'm dying to get back to driving. I bought a new vehicle in January, 2022 and I have to stare at it. :mad: Mrs. Two Feathers is afraid to drive it, so it just sets there.
I'm told I have to take a short trip to a local place soon so I can get some exercise? I feel like a poodle going to the dog park? :thumb:;)
Well...I guess that's about it for now? Thank you all again. I'm hoping to be back soon?
God bless:
Dave Two Feathers
Glad to hear it. Hang in there, listen to the Drs and therapist, they really do know what's what. They put me back together a couple times already with very few left over parts.

Nice, really nice! That horn just looks like it was made for a mountain man! I'm working on one now, (first horn). Tomorrow is rain and cold, the horn will be something good to do.
Neil
Neil:
Congrats. Let us see it when you get it finished. I always love seeing my fellow crafters work.
God bless:
Dave Two Feathers

Back