• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti revolving carbine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmdrted

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm guessing this might be the right place for this topic. I've seen pics of the Remington revolving carbine, essentially an 1858 revolver with an 18" barrel and buttstock. Does anyone here have any experience with these, I've read all the reviews at the sites that sell them but I'd rather our non-partisan reviews. It seems kinda neat, but I don't want to pay @ 500 for something that only looks cool!

59sharps said:
as long as you keep your hand way from the barrel your ok. Just think about what would happen if your hand was out there and you had a mulity chamber crossfire.
Which is why I wouldn't own one. If I have a rifle, I am going to want to put my hand out there. Probably just a few seconds before that chainfire happened...

I wouldn't want my face so close to the caps
going off. A friend had one and he put a flash
shield on the hammer to stop the bursting caps
from hitting his face...As far as the hand in
front of the cylinder the hand is supposed to be
on the front of the trigger guard...I still would
not have one for myself....

Two of my friends own the Uberti carbine. I have fired them several times. The use of #10 caps keeps the flying debris to a minimum, and yes, you do use the elaborate trigger guard to hold the barrel steady. These arms are quite accurate out to 75-100 yards, and loads up to 35 grains of 3Fg Goex are quite common with the 18" tube giving all of that powder a fair chance to burn :) .

They're a real hoot to shoot, and a lot cheaper than trying to find the separate stock for the Dragoon, which still only gives you a 7.5 inch tube.

Dave

thanks guys this helps quite a bit. I have the Uberti 1858 which shoots excellant and entertained the carbine as a sort of companion piece. I guess a more practical companion might be another 1858 or just for a little differance an 1860 colt army. Once again thanks for the many voices of reason!

I have on as well. Goes with a pair of revolvers.
I agree with everything smokin 50 said. The trigger guard hold is quite stable when you get the hang of it. It is my sons favorite.

I have never had any debris from the caps bother me in well over 1000 rounds.

FYI. R&D cartridge converters for the 58 revolver drop right in. You then have a 45 colt.

:thumbsup: I'm jealous! Fired it a thousand times! WOW! How does it shoot? The one I tried at 100 yards shot almost to point of aim.

Dave

Very well.
I had to do a bit of adjusting but it will hit POA at 50 yards. (I have never shot it further than that)

Latest posts

Back