• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti Santa Fe Hawken has arrived.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got this off of GB recently and it landed today. Sold as unfired and I believe it, no evidence of having been fired. Made in 1979 by barrel code, has slant breech, nice inletting matching SN on breech face.

I received some Hornady .520 balls and TOTW cast balls of .526 to try out as reportedly they work best, but also have standard .54 cal balls as well. Neat rifle.

Attachments

• IMG_4371.JPG
    IMG_4371.JPG
    312.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4372.JPG
    IMG_4372.JPG
    295.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4370.JPG
    IMG_4370.JPG
    228.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4373.JPG
    IMG_4373.JPG
    325.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4374.JPG
    IMG_4374.JPG
    229.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4375.JPG
    IMG_4375.JPG
    220 KB · Views: 0
Very nice rifle indeed sir.
I refinished mine last year and did some minor re-shaping on the lock panels and comb while at it.
Didn't put any stain on it, just hand rubbed BC True Oil, it came out much lighter than the last walnut stock I re-finished but it's grown on me.
SFH1.jpg
SFH2.jpg

Attachments

• KelDeer1.jpg
    KelDeer1.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 0
Got this off of GB recently and it landed today. Sold as unfired and I believe it, no evidence of having been fired. Made in 1979 by barrel code, has slant breech, nice inletting matching SN on breech face.

I received some Hornady .520 balls and TOTW cast balls of .526 to try out as reportedly they work best, but also have standard .54 cal balls as well. Neat rifle.
I’d be interested in knowing how a .530 RB loads with a .010 patch. Thanks

I’d be interested in knowing how a .530 RB loads with a .010 patch. Thanks
I wouldn't even try it on mine, it'd get stuck for sure. My barrel measures .533" groove to groove and a .520" ball with a .012" (measured compressed) patch is plenty snug. I've tried a .015" (compressed) patch, it would load on a clean bore but after the first shot with some fouling in the bore it's way too tight.

Last edited:
Back