• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Uberti vs. Pietta

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, my experience has run like Pasquenel's...it is a nutty world!

For the record, some years back there was little difference between the two except most folks gave Pietta the workability nod and Uberti the outside finish nod. Over time, Pietta seemed to slip on their quality until they've now got some bad press because of it. At least, that's the way it seems to my badly aged grey cells!

Let me sum things up for all of you.I see this kind of post all the time on other web sites.It's like trucks,are you a ford man or a chevy man,You choose.wich revolver is better depends on who you talk too.Murf :yakyak:

Coyote Joe....have done a LOT of bear hunting and I can't remember what bullets he was shooting at time, but I know these guys are big time hunters and know what they are doing, so I imagine it was adequate load and as far as shooting a bear in the head or you don't have to shoot them at all is a very foolish thing to say at the least! Having all kinds of experience myself hunting in Idaho my entire life and with the predator problem with bear and elk calves....I have no problem shooting a bear farther away than 20 or 30 yds whatsoever!!! I hunt in area that is recognized as a real problem with predators on calf elk and fish and game issues 2 tags for each hunter for bear and they also have expanded the cougar season for dogs as well in same area.
Like I said, I did not fire a shot just making a point about how tough a large bear can be when shooting in the chest area while standing on hind legs.
Jim in Idaho

Well, I received my first Uberti today, and I thought it would be fair to give my impressions. But first I must say that I examined my old Remington 1858 replica and found that it was not a Pietta product like my earlier post said. The 1860 Army was, but the Remington was an ASM. But in comparing my new Uberti 1851 to my old Pietta 1860 I must say that the Uberti is the hands-down winner in quality. The fit and finish is much nicer, it is timed well, the hammer will actually engage the safety pins on the cylinder (on the pietta product the pins didn't line up with the corresponding notch in the hammer), and the cylinder arbor is tight (the Pietta's wiggled). Granted, I'm comparing one model of a new Uberti with a different 10-year-old Pietta model. But he the quality difference is profound enough to sell me on Uberti over Pietta.

Back