• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"Ultra sonic" cleaner.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Florida Jim

32 Cal.
Reaction score
My son has an ultrasonic cleaner, he uses for his "AR" parts.
I'm wondering if this would be a good way to clean the lock on my new to me Dixie Tennessee flinter?

Thought about doing that very thing, heated ultra sonic,dry the barrel, heat is with warm air and oil.I have cleaned modern things in one and it worked...keep us posted..

This is my first flintlock. With my other caplocks, I usually soak in hot soapy water, scrub with brush, and q tips. Rinse. Blow dry with compressed air, then oil it.

You know.... I don't see a reason in the world to buy an ultrasonic cleaner to slosh muzzleloaders. But if a guy has access to one, I don't see any reason not to do it either. I can't see that you'd have to use any other post-cleaning precautions other than what your son is using for his AR parts.

So I gotta ask "Why not?" :confused:

They work great on cleaning those brass things other guns use, and carbs, etc.

Be careful of cleaning medium, use the proper liquid

Back