• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Unused deerpermits in Illinois

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maynerd62411

50 Cal.
Reaction score
SPRINGFIELD ”“ Gov. Rod R. Blagojevich today signed a new law giving hunters more flexibility in using their seasonal deer hunting permits. Senate Bill 2810, introduced by Sen. Gary Forby (D-Benton), allows unused gun deer permits left over from the firearm or muzzleloader-only deer hunting seasons to be rolled over and used during the Late-Winter Firearm Deer Season at no additional charge.
:thumbsup:

Now we can hunt during "Late Season" in the middle of January. It only applies to counties that have a late season(formerly handgun season)and you can only take antlerless, but HEY, it's one more weekend out in the woods if you don't get to fill your permits the first go around.
The press release is dated June 26th, but it was just posted on the website today.

The purpose is to thin out the counties that have a large population. This season has never really caught on since it was started 15 years ago. It started out as handgun only, then a couple of years ago they started allowing all legal firearms and unused "landowners permits".

Yeah Cuz, and there is parts of me that still ain't thawed out from a couple of those "late season" hunts. Even the deer had enough sense to stay indoors. :grin:

That's why I've never paid for an extra permit. I don't like the bitter cold mornings. But, if I've already paid for it, I might be able to "weather" the elements for a few hours.
Hopefully, I can tag out during regular and muzzleloading season.
I have 2 tags for each season.
Have you gotten your reagular Firearm permits , yet? I received the muzzleloader permits about 2 weeks ago, but noone I've talked to has received their permits for regular season, yet.

Got my shotgun permit Saturday. Don't get a muzzleloading permit cause I always have commitments for that weekend. Do carry the muzzleloader during shotgun season sometimes. Always get a pistol, "late season", permit. It is lots of fun, even if it does get cold. Long as the Mulberry cafe don't run out of coffee or cinnamon rolls I'm good to go. :grin:

I still haven't gotton regular season permits. I don't know of anyone that has around here. Should be coming in, any day now.
With you and Alan, they might run a little low on cinnamon rolls. :rotf:

Got my 2 deer permits for shotgun season. Of course I will be using the 58 caliber 1858 Enfield Deer slayer. Those poor deer they don't have a chance!!!

Back