• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

UPS has outdone itself. I'm actually impressed by how massive of a failure this is, even Kiblers famous crates are no match! INSURE YOUR STUFF FOLKS!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in the business of restoring porcelain and glass works of art for 30 years, fortunately retiring from that over 20 years ago. I'm so glad I don't have to ship fragile items anymore. One memorable piece shipped by air that got damaged showed a single full boot print from where it had been forced into a tight space. Believe it or not back then USPS Priority Mail had a better track record than UPS in terms of breakage. YMMV

• UPS workers ratified a labor deal worth $30 billion in wage increases and other benefits. The wage increases will make full-time UPS delivery drivers the highest paid in the U.S. The deal ends the threat of a potential strike that could have disrupted deliveries and sent shipping costs soaring.
th

PVC Pipe is the answer. 4 to 6” diameter will hold most things with room for padding. You can run over it with a truck and it won’t break. Small screws and packing tape to hold on the end caps.

Last edited:
PVC Pipe is the answer. 4 to 6” diameter will hold most things with room for padding. You can run over it with a truck and it won’t break. Small screws and packing tape to hold on the end caps.
I don't see a rifle fitting in a 6" diameter PVC pipe. Most any rifle I have seen the butt plate is going to be 4 1/2" to 5" or more. Then your going to have 2" to 3" of drop on the stock. Just don't see that working.

OMG!! Thanks for showing this! It reinforces my rule that I will not 'ship' a musket, but only sell face-to-face. You've done a great public service, this must have been in one of those "truck crashes" we see on the news, or related to the recent hurricane flooding?? Hope you are fully compensated.

OMG!! Thanks for showing this! It reinforces my rule that I will not 'ship' a musket, but only sell face-to-face. You've done a great public service, this must have been in one of those "truck crashes" we see on the news, or related to the recent hurricane flooding?? Hope you are fully compensated.
At this point I'm going to go out of my way to drive six hours to deliver things personally. I've refunded the buyer of course, but now I have to wait for the insurance claim to complete before I can even touch the SMR kit I bought. This has really put me in a financial bind and I can't emphasize enough how ridiculous it all is. I need to look at Jim's return policy in case insurance screws me (I don't see how they could, but you never know). Just makes me sick to my stomach.

At this point I'm going to go out of my way to drive six hours to deliver things personally. I've refunded the buyer of course, but now I have to wait for the insurance claim to complete before I can even touch the SMR kit I bought. This has really put me in a financial bind and I can't emphasize enough how ridiculous it all is. I need to look at Jim's return policy in case insurance screws me (I don't see how they could, but you never know). Just makes me sick to my stomach.
We're everyone on this site pulling for you!

Good grief. I'm a retired game warden. I once sent a Browning (new model) BAR off to a lab, and the analyst called and said he wasn't sure the rifle was safe to fire.

"Why not?"

"Because of the broken stock."

It was in like-new condition when I UPS'd it, and the only way it was broken was if someone put it on two boxes and jumped on it. I'm still ******.

Back