• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Upside down?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminds me of a friend he's long gone so I guess I can talk about him now. But anyway a bunch of us flint shooters were talking about shooting a flinter upside down. So he took his rifle loaded and primed of course turned it over and pulled the trigger. He was right handed when he rolled it over it put the touch hole right in line with his left forearm and it went off. This was the hot summer time and he was bare armed and it burnt him pretty good he carried some powder granules in the skin of his arm for several years. Be carefull!

You have to be careful how you handle a lock that is not attached to a rifle. The prime can fall out!

How about taking a nap in the woods and having hostiles sneak up on you? Might come in handy then. :rotf:

A 1720 underhammer flintlock from Germany IIRC :shocked2:

41172x5.jpg

ebiggs
You say you changed the Lyman hammer cock to a T/C hammer,I have heard of changing frizzens but not hammers,my question is does it make alot of differance?
Thanks

In my opinion it is a worth while mod to do. However, the Lyman lock works as it comes albeit not too well but it works. The Lyman frizzen is good as is, you don't need to change it.

Latest posts

Back