• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

using a sling on your hunting rifle?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In bear country it may be a good idea to alertly carry the rifle as much as possible.
As said a sling is correct for that type of rifle.

(not trying to be one of those guys) but, if you are carrying a gun on you up a tree stand, help the reputation of hunters everywhere and use a rope to pull it up. :grin: please and thank you

as to slings, i have them on almost every gun i hunt with. i mainly bow hunt but in the later season i carry my bow and muzzleloader. when the gun is on my back, i use a piece of rubber hose that fits tight on the nipple that is long enough so the hammer cant hit the cap, or an empty flash pan when i use a flintlock. also i use adjustable slings so they can be shortened when they might get in the way. in my opinion slings have more pros than cons, but to each their own.

ps. ive had limited access to the internet for about a year, happy to make a reply. :v

My early Renegade TCs came with a sling mount at the stock. I added a similar to one of the rib screws.

Uncle Mikes removeable sling attachments are not PC but are great.

I use my sling when moving game, climbing trees and such.

There is a place to have these hunting, PC or not.

BTW, my first deer, I did not have a sling. I left my gun after tying the front feet above the horns to drag out. Every several hundred yrds I went back for a breather and to get the gun.

Mad Professor said:
My early Renegade TCs came with a sling mount at the stock. I added a similar to one of the rib screws.

Uncle Mikes removeable sling attachments are not PC but are great.

I use my sling when moving game, climbing trees and such.

There is a place to have these hunting, PC or not.

BTW, my first deer, I did not have a sling. I left my gun after tying the front feet above the horns to drag out. Every several hundred yrds I went back for a breather and to get the gun.

This question has been asked numerous times over the years.

Why worry about PC/HC unless you are going to a sanctioned encampment and they are not going allow hunting anyway.

Why ask permission what to do with your rifle? I see no reason, it's your rifle and your money to spend.

Back