• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

USPS and Track of the Wolf

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All.
So I had ordered 200 round balls from TOW. They were on back order but after not to long of a wait TOW told me they were on the way. YAY! Until I took the empty resealed by the USPS box out of the mail box. Can't tell you how much I don't like the USPS but that would be another thread! So nice of the USPS to reseal and deliver an empty box they damaged and lost the contents of.
I have to tell you all the communication with TOW has been excellent! Way easier than the so called gold standard Amazon.
Anyways TOW emailed and said they will send more when they are off back order. Well after about 2 days they are on the way!
TOW is so awesome I can't stand it!

Attachments

• image_55415491.JPG
    image_55415491.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 89
  • image_67174401.JPG
    image_67174401.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 89
I'm do some stuff from Track this week via USPS. I hope I don't have the same issue. Anything gun related and USPS does not seem mix well.

had an order from tow come usps, sat in town 10 days before delivery

It ain't just gun related. 2nd day priority Christmas package shipped Dec. 14 took 5 week. Excuse, Covid. Of course no recourse. Sold eBay for several years some time ago then they wer my shipper of choice, not so now.
Dave

Same thing happened to me a while back. Ordered some 8" steel plates and all I got from USPS was an empty box delivered to my door.

Not sure how 25lbs of steel plates gets "lost", but it did.

Filed a claim with USPS. Got most of my money back from them (minus shipping costs).

They must have a warehouse full of stuff somewhere of items they "lose".

Same thing happened to me a while back. Ordered some 8" steel plates and all I got from USPS was an empty box delivered to my door.

Filed a claim with USPS. Got most of my money back from them (minus shipping costs).

Lousy packing allows items to slop around and break through the box or get damaged in transit. Doesn't matter who the carrier is.

Heavy items need to be secured from sliding around in the box, that is definitely no bueno. Strapping tape too, is your friend. That clear stuff with the fiberglass threads is real strong.

As far as it taking the USPS longer to deliver. They are short handed. For years they have not been able to hire some people due to poor driving records and people not being able to pass the drug test. It's legal in a lot of states to smoke weed now, this has not helped the situation. Covid has allowed many to stay home and get more than if they worked. Remember Tape is cheap!
Nit Wit

It would be interesting to know what the true and accurate percentage rate of their absenteeism is. Don't misunderstand there are very fine individuals working for them, but .. there are also some very not so fine individuals drawing a paycheck, if they can take 2 weeks off (paid) because they have the sniffles, then that's what a lot of them will do. Over and over. I've heard they have a lot of mandatory overtime to try and pick up the slack. This is a problem in a lot of government employment, the "dead weight" of useless eaters, straphangers and worthless eventually reaches a critical mass at some point.

Talking with my mail carrier, we are rural, he said it is very hard to pass all the required tests, even to become a sub who works Saturday and vacation relief.

He said the security test, since they are handling at times sensitive mail, is very difficult to pass.

He said at times they are the first to call in health care checks since they are they first to notice that mail is not being picked up by elderly folks. So, they do more than just bring you your mail.

Wonder how many are contract mail carriers and who have to use their own vehicle?

When I order stuff, ML or whatever, I ask the vendor who they use for shipping and then I make a choice if allowed. Given a choice it's Fedex, USPS and last UPS. Depending on the value it's ordered with a tracking number, insured for actual amount and "Adult Signature Required".

When the order is placed, it's a USPS money order with a tracking number and the vendor or individual gets the money order number and tracking number.

I have had more problems with UPS than anyone.

I belong to a club that has a couple of retired USPS management people in it. We were voting on offers at one meeting one of them was there and did not raise his hand to vote. I asked him when it was over if he didn't like who was running. He said the reason he didn't vote was he didn't know what was going on. No he does not have dementia or Alzheimer he is just dense. The other one is the same way he was when he was working lazy and just dosen't care. There are hard working people at the PO but they can only cover for so many dead beats. No accountability for the organization dosen't help earthier.

I had a package sent 2 DAY PRIORITY, it got to SPRINGFIELD MASS, in two days, then the tracking #came up that it sat in MASS for 12 days, then it showed up! odd part after I received it , it came up as still in SPRINGFIELD, MASS! how about that? they blame it all to the COVID19 virus? YEH? any one else have had a simular experience?

They delivered a possible bag, and horn set that cost over 500.00 to the wrong address. The correct address was clearly on the package, and was dropped off over 2 miles away. It took me two weeks, and knocking on peoples doors before I found the package. I was sweating those first nights. A claim would have been a nightmare!

Reactions: smo
They delivered a possible bag, and horn set that cost over 500.00 to the wrong address. The correct address was clearly on the package, and was dropped off over 2 miles away. It took me two weeks, and knocking on peoples doors before I found the package. I was sweating those first nights. A claim would have been a nightmare!
You mean the clown that got it made no attempt to get your package to you? Didn't put it back out for the mailman? Sounds like it was delivered to thief to begin with. Glad you got it back.

Anything or anythings that cost 500 dollars needs to have some kind of adult signature requirements. They still might @&$k it up, but it sure helps to prevent that kind of thing.

One thing that I don't understand has to do with commercial shipping and transport (and probably trucking) has to do with bill of lading and custody and such.

If I pay for something, I haven't really bought it yet till I take posession or accept it. Or put another way, if the shipper loses it, delivers it to the wrong location, runs over it with a forklift, whatever - that's not my problem. That's their problem. You give me my money back. You fight it out.

The whole notion that a delivery service can drop off $500 worth of valuable goods unattended on my front porch without any repurcussion should somebody steal it, or it misdelivered needs to be re-examined. "You should have bought insurance" isn't the right answer.

"Anything or anythings that cost 500 dollars needs to have some kind of adult signature requirements. They still might @&$k it up, but it sure helps to prevent that kind of thing."

Adult Signature is cheap insurance.

I sent a Navy Arms lock via USPS for repair to a gunsmith. All he got was an empty box. Irreplaceable lock was gone forever. I did get my estimated value back from USPS. I think the sear arm broke through the box and they pulled it out. They could have at least put it in a new box and sent it on its way.

On another forum I frequent related to the unmentionables there has been a rash of ammo related shipments showing up empty or that go missing completely. Requiring a signature hasn't helped because the guy delivering it just signs themselves and drops it at the door, because covid and all.

I'm supposed to have 200 round ball waiting in my PO Box for the New Orleans Ace I got form @nit wit last week. Now I wonder what I'll find when I get there.

"Requiring a signature hasn't helped because the guy delivering it just signs themselves and drops it at the door, because covid and all."

The signature is on the electronic gizmo, if ain't yours it ain't yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back