• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

USS CONSTELATION (1854)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtmeredith

32 Cal.
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I got back from Baltimore, having spent a few weeks at Johns Hopkins. While there I visited the USS Constelation (2nd 1854). I was real lucky to have visited when the Marine Detachment reenactors "had the duty". It was the most fun I've had in an afternoon in quite some time. If you ever have the opportunity to visit the Baltimore area, this is well worth the effort to visit. The ship was beautifully restored. It must have cost millions.

I was raised outside of Baltimore. When In grade scool, Pop took us to visit the Constellation. At that time she had been unmasted for whatever reason. As school kids, we saved our pennies and donated them to help remast her. I went back maybe twenty five years ago. She is a beauty!

Latest posts

Back